Jackson Blue 4-10-9 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compared to what I saw there monday thats what I had guessed too. But like Monday some spots were better and some were worse.

lol that's an awesome light josh! I'll most likely be working the first weekend in may :(

Stasia, when you guys were back in the cave at Twin.....and I had Ed's 24 Watt, I was shining it in the cave at Twin. Dang that thing pushed way in to the cave...Josh and I were very impressed...I think he got hooked right then.

I'll be missing spring-spring-fest most likely, these days I'm just too broke to spend on camping and fees at Vortex.

I'll be doing May 2nd, and Glen/Mat, I can do an overnight trip!

Mat, lemme know if I need to pick you up... we got a lot of time to do planning.

Hopefully I'll have my monster light by then... I'm expecting to have ordered it, and done the burn test on the battery pack, by the time I go on the 2nd.

I'm certain I'll need a ride :)

I wonder if the reason I wasn't seeing very far could be due to borrowing an HID lighthead which was not focused at all? Still, it seemed pretty smokey Friday and from where I was in the water, visibility was definately limited to about 30'.

Thats Josh for ya!

Yeah Mat that rented "Gordon special" HID was pretty horrible.

like the "three amigos" isn't gay enough!

That's it, next movie night is gonna be something manly, with Stallone, or Dolph Lundgren, or, even worse, BOTH, ala Rocky IV!!! "I must break you"

rocky-4.jpg

* I just made myself more gay didn't I?

like the "three amigos" isn't gay enough!

That's it, next movie night is gonna be something manly, with Stallone, or Dolph Lundgren, or, even worse, BOTH, ala Rocky IV!!! "I must break you"

* I just made myself more gay didn't I?

I don't think for you "more gay" is possible. But, I am just glad the search for "lotion" on the last dive trip has not been mis-interpreted.:D

Did JB yesterday (Saturday) with Kelsey (TecXX), Rita (bamamedic), and Josh (sea2summit).

The flow was absolutely screaming - On my X-scooter, at 100%, I could barely make progress popping into the cavern (keep in mind I was in my CCR rig with sidemounted bailout and cruising straight in, dead center against the flow).

Once in it was OK, but holy crap was it moving.

Kelsey did the original primary placement, but I felt really bad for her as she tried to swim in through the first drop into the cavern (leading the team of 4) - She was in her sidemount rig and swimming for everything she was worth and not getting anywhere. Eventually she got low enough to yank herself in.

For her second dive, I gave her the scooter - The rest of us swam in. When we got to the bottom of the chimney, Kelsey was scootering circles around us. It was cool watching her flying along doing lazy-8's as we're fighting for every inch of progress.

Viz was probably 50'-60' and smokey. I wouldn't choose to swim JB when it's like this. Scooter, yes... Swim? No.

b.

Back
Top Bottom