James Robie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Thanks. My condolences to the victim's family and friends.

A 61-year-old man who died while on a certification dive with his instructor near the west end of Santa Catalina Island was identified today as James Raymond Robie of Pacific Palisades.

My condolences to the victim's family and friends.

Thank You:

To all of you who have expressed your condolences to the family of James Raymond Robie the gentleman who had an untimely diving accident, Sunday January 16, 2011 near Catalina Island.

I am a dear friend of Mr. Robie and his Wonderful Family, and I am so overwhelmed with joy to see the compassion of some many people on this forum, that I felt the need to respond from my heart to so many of you who have expressed true sympathy.

Mr. James Robie, was an incredible family man who dearly loved his family and all of his many friends and was a vibrant personality, that if you ever met him you would instantly like him.
As a personal friend of Mr. Robie, I just to want thank all of you for being so kind and concerned, it truly means a lot...during this struggling time for me.

Attachments

• Jim Robie Article.pdf
    330.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I did not know Mr. Robie, but having just read the attached article above, I am certain he will be missed by many people. He sounds like a wonderful person.

I hope the friends and family will find some condolences in the fact that Mr. Robie was experiencing beauty and serenity by scuba diving and enjoying nature.

May you find peace.

msvermell10 - thank you for the article. What a wonderful thing to be sharing with your son. I am terribly sorry that it ended the way it did. He truly sounds like a very great man! Prayers for him and to the family.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom