Robert Couvillon (Couv)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm currently using some second stage seats he punched out for me and then sent for free, refusing any payment nor reimbursement for the shipping costs. He had done me several favors in the past as well.

The only form of payment Robert would often accept, during scuba trips, was a BAM (Big A$$ Margarita).

I often talked about needing a BAM stock exchange to keep track of all transactions. :)

Robert and I did so many deals, him getting regs and me O rings we just kept a running total, Robert was always forgetting and often would try to pay again for things he'd already paid for or where in fact I owed him for O rings. It was funny, Robert would get so confused but always trusted I had it right.

I will greatly miss our wheelings and dealings, was always fun. I'd send him boxes often in excess of 15kgs and we'd ship by sea, Robert would forget he had a shipment coming and would email in surprise when the box finally arrived some months later.

I finally get to respond to this thread after having my account disabled for a while.
It’s been tough as hell reading all this and not being able to respond, but I’m here now.

I am terribly saddened to hear this news. I’m still shocked and reeling from it.
Robert and I had a lot of exchanges over the years and we were always trading stuff back and forth.
I got my very first MK5/converted 109 in trade for a Freedom Plate, and it’s still my favorite regs to this day. Now it means even more to me to have it and use it. Robert and I worked on trying to design a contoured version of the VDH double hose plate, which I was unable to come up with to my satisfaction, but there were several prototypes.
I sent him another prototype aluminum plate to try out and give feedback, He always objectively tested and reported on the performance. One of the few guys I really trusted. He was also my go-to guy with anything regarding old Scubapro. An endless source of great advice and knowledge.
Robert also loved Sonoma County wines and had a great connection with a diver (friend of mine) who worked at Alexander Valley Vineyards in Healdsburg, Ca.
He got some of the best Zins and Cabs around.
He was just a real personable guy and a real treasure.
I never met him personally but felt like he was a best friend. That’s just how he was. A gracious gentleman, he was as solid as they get.
Just a wonderful human being!
Take care my friend. Enjoy all the great diving in the big reef in the sky, as Sam Miller would have said.

I want to thank each and everyone of you for your kind and sincere postings. I have just read all of them and feel so proud of him. Thank you for loving him. I have a sure and certain knowledge of his profound joy to be healthy and home.
This posting is from Julie his wife .

You are the lady with the engish accent that gave him a kitchen pass to go to Egypt with us in 2021. We have spoken once or twice. We are so sorry we were out of the country and could not attend the service. I plan on taking John W. and Luis H. and put a memorial note in a bottle on the table in Dahab at 165 feet for him this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom