Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BabyDuck:
today, 2lb 2oz. he was fidgeting around this morning and extubated himself, so he got reintubated and put back on the regular vent. that part was planned, he just picked the timing! his blood gases are looking good with the change.

his iv fat got turned off, since he's getting enough milk now - 9cc every 3 hours. he's digesting it just fine. they go up on that by a cc or so every 12 hours, so i hope he can keep up! i should get to hold him tomorrow - yay!!

tonight he seemed to be looking at me, and he was gripping my finger with his teeny hand. he's got me right where he wants me. :wink:

Oh..that just made me cry...I'm so happy he's doing well!!

NetDoc:
No he's not. :D
You got that right. But at least my kid waited until he was 15 to become "uncute." Actually, he did say something really funny the other night. He got a job (Thank you God) as a telephone solicitor trying to get people to re-subscribe to newspapers. He says to me "This is a really easy job if you don't mind pissing people off. And since that comes naturally to me, I'm good at this job."

BabyDuck:
today, 2lb 2oz. he was fidgeting around this morning and extubated himself, so he got reintubated and put back on the regular vent. that part was planned, he just picked the timing! his blood gases are looking good with the change.

his iv fat got turned off, since he's getting enough milk now - 9cc every 3 hours. he's digesting it just fine. they go up on that by a cc or so every 12 hours, so i hope he can keep up! i should get to hold him tomorrow - yay!!

tonight he seemed to be looking at me, and he was gripping my finger with his teeny hand. he's got me right where he wants me. :wink:

You've got me all misty eyed here hun!

today's update - i *did* get to hold him! the nurse picked up his 'nest' of blankets that cuddle him into a snuggly position (since preemies hate the feeling of their limbs flopping around free) & put it in my arms. he opened his eyes some, held my finger some, kept his oxygen and temperature up - he did good. :)

then when he went back to bed, they took out his arterial line, so one of his hands is free! and they turned off his constant sedation. he'll just get a little hit every 3 hours, when they're gonna mess with him. he's still digesting well, and his vent settings and blood gases are hanging tough, too.

a good day so far.

Glad to hear things are going well! Stay tough you two!
Ber :lilbunny:

Awesome Marci! I hear rumors there were photos? Please share, if you want to send them to me I can post them on my Photobucket and provide a link

BabyDuck:
today's update - i *did* get to hold him! the nurse picked up his 'nest' of blankets that cuddle him into a snuggly position (since preemies hate the feeling of their limbs flopping around free) & put it in my arms. he opened his eyes some, held my finger some, kept his oxygen and temperature up - he did good. :)

then when he went back to bed, they took out his arterial line, so one of his hands is free! and they turned off his constant sedation. he'll just get a little hit every 3 hours, when they're gonna mess with him. he's still digesting well, and his vent settings and blood gases are hanging tough, too.

a good day so far.

:yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap: :yelclap:

Marci: Congratulations! It's magical, isn't it?

Bill.

Congratulations! It sounds like he's getting the very best of care and is progressing well. Warmest wishes to the both of you!

Man, that must be stressful. For that, I give thanks that my family is healthy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom