Jensen Beach shore diving prospects?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeJacobs

Reaction score
What's the reef like off Jensen Beach? We're staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, 10978 S. Ocean Drive over the 4th. How's the depth, visibility, current? Any comparision to home (LBTS)?

I don’t know what LBTS means... but the reef off of Jensen is good. The best rocks and ledges can be seen at the south end of the park... There is a large box building that used to be a holiday Inn before the hurricanes, the reef is straight off the old holiday inn. When the visibility is good enough to head out, you will be able to see the reef from shore. Look for dark blotched areas out on the water... the good reef starts about 200-300 yards off shore. Spearfishing can also be good at times also... Another good reef is around the area is off of bathtub. The reef starts 300-400 yards off shore. The water on the inside of the reef is only 3-6' deep. outside the reef, it can get 10-15' deep at high tide... Scuba is not necessary, but may be nice at high tide

The staff at Deep Six in Jensen Beach is familiar with the area and can direct you to more reefs around the area. Call them for directions or info at 772-692-2747

The best rocks and ledges can be seen at the south end of the park... There is a large box building that used to be a holiday Inn before the hurricanes, the reef is straight off the old holiday inn. ... Another good reef is around the area is off of bathtub. The reef starts 300-400 yards off shore.
Much, MUCH thanks - very helpful (and encouraging).

Does the reef pretty much follow parallel to the shoreline in semi-continuous lines or is it broken up? Will we have to hunt for reef or will we find it just about anywhere we enter?

Is Bathtub a restaurant or something?

LBTS="Lauderdale by the Sea"

I am coming down over the labor day weekend and staying with friends in Port Saint Lucie. Rather than shleping down to WPB, I would like to do a shore dive off Jensen. Does one of the local dive shops rent tanks, weight belt, flag, etc.? Anything to know about shore diving in this area? I think I might need more specifics regarding how to find the reef since I am not familiar with the area. Any info is greatly appreciated!

We're going to try and dive at Bathtub Beach next Sunday AM, think it will be low tide...but it will still be good to get the gear on again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom