Jet Style Fin (short and wide)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like the Hollis F1 and Scubapro originals are more widely used. From what I gather, the Hollis F1's are lighter.

Still have yet to pull the trigger on a pair of fins that I inquired about. Any further discussions? Scubapro is out because I don't have a dealer near me and it is against Scubapro policy to ship out a product to a customer. They want you in the store. I am not driving 4 hours round trip to make a fin purchase.

Oms slipstream with spring reel, don't want to change for anything else. Look like the jetfin but lighter.

I'd recommend a pair of Scubapro Jetfins. You can buy them used for about $40 on ebay. Stay away from anything bigger than a large unless you're a huge dude with massive calf muscles.

You can always call the nearest SCUBA PRO Retailer and have them ship them, maybe the frieght will be $10.00

I have a pair of SCUBA PRO that I have been using for a long time I am always satisfied with them. In the last year I have also been using a pair of AquaMondo Aguilla jet fins. I have been very pleased with them and I have been recommending them for about 6mos. they are lighter than the SCUBAPROS and a little less efficient.
Cheers,
Roger

I have Jets I have had for over 13 years. I dive them OW and I dive Sherwood Genesis fins in CW. Actually used them in the Quarry today. Dove a Shorty on the dives. If you want some fins shipped to you from the shop we can work out the shipping. We are a Scubapro Dealer, Hollis and Oceanic. As to a fin, I agree, a Jet fin is still in my mind one of the most efficient fins out there. Mine look like Hell but have been with me forever and I see no need to replace. Our Shop is: Welcome to Blue Dolphin Dive Home Page
Tell Janet, Bill sent you...

Thank you for the info deepair. Will check them out. I was leaning towards the OMS slipstreams for a lighter weight fin due to travel and trim considerations. My apollo bio fins are a tad heavy for travel.

Still have yet to pull the trigger on a pair of fins that I inquired about. Any further discussions? Scubapro is out because I don't have a dealer near me and it is against Scubapro policy to ship out a product to a customer. They want you in the store. I am not driving 4 hours round trip to make a fin purchase.

Leisure pro has the scubapro jet fins for sale, it's not like you need to have free parts for life with those fins.

For some reason I have not yet pulled the trigger on this situation. I think I have decided on the OMS Slipstreams but want to make sure that they are lighter than my apollo bio fin pro-c fins (which I love for no current)

Any other opinions before I add another set of fins to my collection?

Back
Top Bottom