Jetfin redesign

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theskull:
They also already have drain holes in the foot pocket, so I won't have to drill this pair.

theskull

You know why Jets don't have drain holes? So that you can fill the foot pockets up with water when exiting. After walking through the sand, you pour the water over your feet to wash them off. Thus less dirt gets on your gear, in your box etc...

OE2X:
You know why Jets don't have drain holes? So that you can fill the foot pockets up with water when exiting. After walking through the sand, you pour the water over your feet to wash them off. Thus less dirt gets on your gear, in your box etc...

Nice Tip, thanks.

Matt

Personally, I think it would be great if SP made a foot pocket between the XL and XXL cave they currently make. Seems XL is to small and XXL is far to big.

theskull:
Just bought a pair of the new Aqualung Super Rockets II (note the II). These have the longer foot support and a very comfortable foot pocket.

And the vents are turned the opposite way on the Rockets from the Jets.

theskull

How does the rocket compare with the Jet?

Walter:
It would make it more difficult to slip them over your wrists when you're exiting the water. Bad move, IMHO.

The spring straps still go easily over the wrists. And an added feature(?) on the Rocket II is a carabiner-sized hole in the fin tip and in the foot pocket edge so you could band them together if you so desired for your exit.

theskull

OE2X:

You're reaching for that one. You could carry water in your mask, have a jug waiting at the car, bring a tarp to change on post-dive, or have a bag to throw your rock boots into. In my case, anyway, the fin pockets had such a snug fit that it would suction onto the rock boots during the dive, leading to some interesting dance steps in the shallows to get the fins pulled back off. Vent holes solved that.

theskull

SeaHound:
How does the rocket compare with the Jet?

The Jet is the standard for a reason. I once found a pair of Jets that almost fit me correctly, and they provided IMO a slightly better propulsion/effort ratio than the Rockets.

Since the Rockets fit me better and are more comfortable on MY feet, I'm willing to give up a little in performance for comfort. And the Rocket II is even more comfortable and gives additional leverage due to the extended sole. Same reason so many folks dive the Turtles.

As Simbrooks said, the Jets would truly rule if they made enough foot pocket sizes to fit everyone.

theskull

theskull:
You're reaching for that one. You could carry water in your mask, have a jug waiting at the car, bring a tarp to change on post-dive, or have a bag to throw your rock boots into. In my case, anyway, the fin pockets had such a snug fit that it would suction onto the rock boots during the dive, leading to some interesting dance steps in the shallows to get the fins pulled back off. Vent holes solved that.

theskull

He's not reaching at all. I use the foot pockets all the time to wash the sand and dirt from my drysuit legs and boots. The mask wouldn't come close for this-too little volume. Tarps don't help if all you do is walk on them with sand.

I suppose a jug would work, but why bother when you've got 2 small jugs with you?

Spray some silicone in your foot pockets and they will slide easliy off of your boots when done diving. It lasts for quite a few dives.

OE2X:

When I was considering putting drain holes in my pair of XXL jets Uncle Pug told me the same thing on a post here - now I'm glad I listened - each holds about 1.5 quarts so I have 3quarts of water when I get off of the sand to rinse off with if need be. It also works great as a mask rinse bucket when the Showers at the beach are too powerful for rinsing (sometimes they about peel the silicon off of the glass because they are such high pressure)

oh and the best of all - is for that inevitable water fight that breaks out when I take the neighbor's kids snorkeling - I have lots of ammo to work with. . .

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom