jetfins feedback from the ladies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
in my previous post i mentioned getting fins for my girlfriend. still pretty confused on what to get her. she asked me if the jetfins would be ok for her? she likes the fact that i just got a pair and that i enjoy them very much. she has also noticed how my pace underwater has improved over the weekend. attributable to my jets? maybe! she is just hesitant becasue she is used to soft fins and the jets are somewhat stiffer. also she finds em a bit heavy, she hasnt tried em though. BTW she was also extremely exhausted from our last dive becasue she had a hard time with a mild current and had a mild case of cramps.

somefeedbacks from the gals with jets:) ? thanks

Spoon:
in my previous post i mentioned getting fins for my girlfriend. still pretty confused on what to get her. she asked me if the jetfins would be ok for her? she likes the fact that i just got a pair and that i enjoy them very much. she has also noticed how my pace underwater has improved over the weekend. attributable to my jets? maybe! she is just hesitant becasue she is used to soft fins and the jets are somewhat stiffer. also she finds em a bit heavy, she hasnt tried em though. BTW she was also extremely exhausted from our last dive becasue she had a hard time with a mild current and had a mild case of cramps.

somefeedbacks from the gals with jets:) ? thanks

Spoon, I bought my wife a pair of mares quattros (size small). She now swims like a fish in a current. She likes it very much.

I bought a pair of Jets in Feb. and love them. I wished I'd bought them a lot sooner. I've noticed I can cover more distance with these with a lot less effort. Before I was wearing split fins and didn't care for them as much. Have her PM me if she has any questions.

Mel

I have used Jets for 6 yrs - I have tried several others but go back to the Jets. I like the way the handle in currents and just for regular diving. I have 110 dives 99% in my Jets.

Becky

I have a pair of JetFins I got after my husband kept leaving me behind. I LOVE THEM!!!! I also use spring heels for getting them on and off easier. I have absolutely no problems with them. I too wish I had gotten them earlier. Highly recommend them.

My wife and I switched to jets for cold water diving and we both like them very much. She says she prefers them over the splits we used to have and I agree, but I will add that we hated doing that little flutter kick with the splits. Nonetheless, split vs. reg jets is a personal choice and another debate settled only by one's feet. Results vary from foot to foot and leg to leg. Our feet and legs prefer Jets.

ch0ppersrule:
I have a pair of JetFins I got after my husband kept leaving me behind. I LOVE THEM!!!! I also use spring heels for getting them on and off easier. I have absolutely no problems with them. I too wish I had gotten them earlier. Highly recommend them.

thats great to know. slowly inching towards the jets:)

scubadobadoo:
My wife and I switched to jets for cold water diving and we both like them very much. She says she prefers them over the splits we used to have and I agree, but I will add that we hated doing that little flutter kick with the splits. Nonetheless, split vs. reg jets is a personal choice and another debate settled only by one's feet. Results vary from foot to foot and leg to leg. Our feet and legs prefer Jets.

thanks for the info, i am more comfortable in making a decision now. will have updates soon:)

I have been following this thread and am interested to know if any of you ladies have tried MARES VOLO fins , in a current or otherwise. My girlfriend needs new fins and she likes the look of them. Also , she has small feet ( size 31/2 - 4 shoe ) , would a size small fit. :06:

I also like Mel got my jetfins Feb this year. Till then I dived in twin jets and was rather resistance to jet fins for similar reasons as your wife. But once I tried them it's absolutly OK. And not any more effort than twin jets.
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom