Jets or Quattros???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's interesting to see that several years ago when people were doing tests on various fins, the winners fins today, let's see, they scored pretty close back then, but the 1st, 2nd, 3rd places changed from time to time in different reviews, from different magazines, for example, if you read the 1999, can you tell which one would stand out most today?
http://www.divernet.com/gear/fins999/fintab999.htm

Today when we brows around the forum, people are pretty much voting for Jet, quatros, bio, power and so on.... besides the thrust and power, people are now looking for feedback such as how sensitive the fins are when I am changing directions, go against current, do I need extra strong legs... etc.

I suggest you consider the USD Blades if you are serious about Quatros. Biggest difference between those two is price. The old style Blades (my preference) can be had on ebay for $10 to $20 UDS, used and sometimes new. After shipping, you would just have to figure out some other way to dispose of the other $150.

I have a pair of both fins and I like the Jet Fins much more. I put spring straps on my Jets and love them.

OzeDiver:
I am tossing up between the ScubaPro Jet Fins and Mares Plana Avanti Quattros

i had quattros and moved on to jets. the quattros are much too flimsy to
properly get "purchase" in the water, compared to the jets.

also, the jets are much more maneuverable. it's easier to do pretty much
all kicks with them, including backward, helo turn, frog, modified frog, etc.

i love my jets. got them used for $90 (yes, paid too much, but i wanted a pair
NOW after trying them.

My husband has the Quattros and I have the Jets. We're both very happy with our individual choices, but I can frankly tell you that after going from an old pair of US Divers (circa 1992) to my Jets, it's like night and day. The control I feel I have with my Jets and the thrust I can get out of them (doing either a flutter kick or a frog kick) is FAR superior to my old fins.

However, I have heard it isn't uncommon for Jets to give people leg cramps due to their stiffness, so this isn't a fin I'd buy without trying first.

I had Jets and bought a pair of Quatros, sold the Quatros and kept the Jets.

I had, still have the old Jets, but went to the Scuba Pro Twin jets for my new dry suit with rock boots. Love the twin jets over all, but the old jets are still better for a couple types of kicking.

I use jets because nobody steals them out of the back of my truck. I had a few pairs of quatros that got stolen. Quatros are great fins...just don't leave them in the back of your truck if you are ever in Guam.

grrr... still can't decide which one and haven't been able to find a LDS who has a pair of jets to try!!! but my instructor recommended the quattros. and he believes 'the longer, the stiffer, the better' but i would like to make a decision for myself.

Back
Top Bottom