Jets or Quattros???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any update? I don't need new fins as I have 2 already, but I'm curious how the jets and quattros are. I have cressi pro lites (i don't use anymore) and mares volos. I wants something stiffer than the volos so I am considering the jets and/or quattros. I'll prob try to find both used and pick one or the other. Am interested to see which you ended up buying and why.

Victor

Well, Jets can be bought used & often very cheap on ebay. Might decide what your price point for "cheap enough" is & just buy a pair of used ones. try them out & decide if you like them or not. Keep your eyes peeled for a diver you know or meet who has the others & see if you can get a chance to try them.

I dive Jets, but I think it's a great idea to try fins, in the water with full gear, before shelling out retail for them.

I have always used quattros until my last dive, I used jets. I dont know if I will ever use the quattros again.

One point that got me thinking about the Jets recently is my dive instructor on my last trip had Jets. I dove several trips with him and noticed how much force he was generating in his kicks. He was tall, but not a hugely muscular guy so I'm not going to attribute all the force to his leg power. For every one of his kicks I had to kick 2-3 times to keep up. Also, when he was a good 10-15 feet off the bottom and did a full kick from the hip, i would see him kick and a few seconds later see a huge "O" appear on the sandy floor. That was kinda neat to watch. I'm not looking for super fast fins as I'm a lazy diver, but I would like to be able to transfer as much of the force from my legs into the water so when I want/need to get moving I can. Thus the quest for stiffer fins.

I have a pair of Scubapro Jets and a set of Aqualung rocket fins. I think both are great fins of this type. I like the rubber used on the jet fin more, but find the rocket lighter and just as stiff. Make sure to get spring straps. They are worth the extra cash.

Jets all the way, very powerful fins.

i bought a pair of jets of ebay for $59.00 USD including postage... just waiting for them to come now! eager to try them out!!! will post once i have

Back
Top Bottom