• QUATTROS

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Both

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 14.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I somehow find it hard to believe that the very first rubber fin invented seems to be "the best". The manufacturers accidently made the best design first and any innovations later have proven to be datrimental to the design???

SeaHound:
I somehow find it hard to believe that the very first rubber fin invented seems to be "the best". The manufacturers accidently made the best design first and any innovations later have proven to be datrimental to the design???

yeah, kinda like that... I like the first Matrix (the movie) the best. Matrix II and III, whatever they are called - revolutions? all suck..

I choose Jets over Quattros. If you go with Jets, you need to replace the regular straps with spring straps.

I think that most newbies appreciate the Quattro because they haven't mastered neutral buoyancy. They NEED to keep moving - otherwise they're headed to the bottom or the surface. Quattros also come in cool colors to match your mask and snorkel. They also have a nice quick-release that allows you to take off your fins without detaching the strap. If you're required to take off your fins before getting on a boat or on a dock, it is important to be able to secure your fins by putting your arm through the straps.

I prefer Jets because I see a lot more if I'm not moving very much. Fish, which are normally skittish of the air bubbles, calm down when they see that you're moving slowly and not a threat. Since I'm moving slowly, I don't consume as much air, so I can stay down longer. If I need to move quickly, the stiff nature of the fin and the large paddle area moves water quickly. It's also a very simple fin.

Granted, Jets have been around forever. And, they could probably use some updating - such as a larger, supportive foot pocket, or better straps. But, new gizmos are not always better.

and prefer the Jets (or Turtles) over the Quattros. The Quattros are to floppy and I could'nt back up in them very well. My other kicks were not as efficiant either and I found my self stuggling a little more. I guess it depends on what someone has planned for their diving.

WOW ... jets are leading the fight 13:6! What is beyond doubt the UGLIEST fin ever developed is kicking some real ass here dudes! Proves one thing. LOOKS DONT MATTER!!!

SeaHound:
WOW ... jets are leading the fight 13:6! What is beyond doubt the UGLIEST fin ever developed is kicking some real ass here dudes! Proves one thing. LOOKS DONT MATTER!!!

I don't think they look that bad... can't say the same about the Force fins... look like duck's feet.

I have heard that Jets can be good at snagging rebar in currents

SeaHound:

it happened with the VW Beetle.

Back
Top Bottom