jm cousteau data scan 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
So I picked up a set of used gear on craigslist, including a nice set of Conair SE2's and this jewel of a data scan 2 :eyebrow: Anyone have any idea if I can still get it to run? Just tossing the idea out there since I'm using gauges otherwise.

Hi, welcome to SB!

You'll need to post a few more posts (5, I think), then upload a picture of it. Then we'll see if we can't help you out. Without a pic, it's hard to give specific advice, other than "probably need to change the battery". :wink:

Thanks, I'll get on with the posting and introducing myself etc. Photos will be up by Thanksgiving :)

jm_datascan2.jpg
Well here it is guys. Not much to it. Let me know if a back view would be needed as well.

Did you remove the rubber boot for the picture? There was originally a black rubber boot that covered all but the screen. IIRC this was USD's first air integrated computer. They also produced the Monitor 1 and 2 at the time, which were non-integrated. I owned the successor to your computer which was called the Scan4. Great little air-integrated (air only, no EAN) computer which I used up until just a couple years ago.
I'm guessing that the battery may not be user replacable. Most of the computers at this time weren't. You will have to find someone that has the battery, service kit, and knowledge required to change it out. Here's a link where you can purchase batteries for it: http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_eStore/Search.aspx/Dry-Cells/US-Divers/DATASCAN-2?dsNavigation=Ns~product+Type%7c101%7c1%7c,N~2147384805-4294515634-4294515633
Maybe AquaLung would offer you a trade-in discount on a new computer?

NAUIwowee- Yup, removed the black rubber 'boot' for the photo since it covers up the name when it's on. I've found pretty much all the info you mentioned, but was wondering if you (or anyone) had any leads as to finding someone w/ the knowledge to service it. From the looks of it, it's potted so I'm not sure I'm capable of doing this myself (may end up doing it anyways since it looks like Aqualung isn't running their trade-in program anymore?)[So]Aqua Lung - Professional Diving Equipment what actually defines non-user replaceable? Some light soldering holding wires to the battery?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom