JMJ custom wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlyStrat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have a review?
I'm probably ordering a custom 7mm wetsuit.

I cannot say enough good things about JMJ Wetsuits. Many years ago when Mark Kettenhoffen retired from the custom wetsuit business and I was needing a new wetsuit I asked him for his recommendation. JMJ was his only choice. Since then I have had several custom suits made by JMJ including 7mm and 5mm (all farmer john with hood-attached pullover jacket). JMJ made many of the skin-out/metal zipper Sea Hunt wetsuits our cast members have used in many of the Sea Hunt Forever shows in Silver Springs, Florida. I just returned from a 2-day Halibut spearfishing trip to California's Northern Channel Islands and wore my 5mm JMJ suit 8 hours a day for both days and was never uncomfortable. So yeah, I'm a fan.

P.S. I am wearing a JMJ suit in my Avatar.

I cannot say enough good things about JMJ Wetsuits. Many years ago when Mark Kettenhoffen retired from the custom wetsuit business and I was needing a new wetsuit I asked him for his recommendation. JMJ was his only choice. Since then I have had several custom suits made by JMJ including 7mm and 5mm (all farmer john with hood-attached pullover jacket). JMJ made many of the skin-out/metal zipper Sea Hunt wetsuits our cast members have used in many of the Sea Hunt Forever shows in Silver Springs, Florida. I just returned from a 2-day Halibut spearfishing trip to California's Northern Channel Islands and wore my 5mm JMJ suit 8 hours a day for both days and was never uncomfortable. So yeah, I'm a fan.

P.S. I am wearing a JMJ suit in my Avatar.

You were in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou? That's ******* cool, man.

Let us know when you come down to Torrance so we can do some diving. Conditions here are typically very good in late September and October.
October is kind of the target. Bug season!
I have a buddy who works at Pacific Wilderness and part of the trip would be a sales call to PW, they might be interested in carrying the Freedom Plate.
And of course while I’m down there I would swing by JMJ to get measured and put my order in.
I used to be a member of the Sea Divers dive club so I know several people down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom