Jodrey - Open or Closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Anyone here heard the status of the Jodrey?

Is it still closed. and if so is it closed by the EPA or by the Homeland Security types?

Couldn't agree more.
At Shipwrecks in Welland on the weekend during one presentation they pointed out how one fella was doing his first dive of the year to nearly 250'... and you could hear the entire audience cringe.

GTADiver once bubbled...
Not exactly what I had in mind as a dust off dive.

Gee...why not? :D

No more interested in it for my trimix course this summer. Was more concerned that it is closed due to either the oil issue from last year still or due to its proximity to the CG station.

I think my first dive will be somewhat shallower....... like in the pool.........

Jodrey -- as already mentioned -- was reopened at the close of the season in 2002. More importantly, charter operators in the area are taking bookings for the coming season.

For the record, best time to dive it would be after the run-off season. Current can be brutal in the first couple of weeks after ice out.

Also if you are diving from the Canadian side, clearing customs will be a drag until the station at Hart Island opens (which I think will be Memorial Day Weekend)

Take care and good luck with the trimix course... you'll have a blast

DD =-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom