join a dive this dive group and all your training if free

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends of Brett perhaps? :wink:
Great minds think alike. :eyebrow:

No, no. Thank YOU!
No no NO...thank YOU!!!

I see it is also posted elsewhere: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/306861-join-dive-group-get-free-training.html

And remember, no strings...it's FREE! Only $60 a month. :confused: Please tell me how that is free. What are the credentials and facilities of the instructors? :popcorn:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...306861-join-dive-group-get-free-training.html

If its free, why does it cost $60 a month?

There are a few advantages to this system -

It is free, after joining port diving {$60.00 a month) you are insured, all your training is free.

There are no time limits on training, it doesn't matter whether it takes 4 dives or 40 to master your skills, or if you can only do 1 day a week for two months.

Training is continuous, after you have your basic OW cert you will more than likely dive with your instructor on a regular basis within the club, who will take on a mentoring role. Assuming you continue to improve, these dives will start to count toward your higher certs.

Because it is club based you build up a large number of buddies quite quickly and you get access to the club , You need to be active, port diving member ,. It encourages people to dive regularly as part of the club and to continue developing your skills.

if u like more info go to Port Diving Services (Port Diving Services) | MySpace [/email] or e mail us at portdiving@hotmail.com for more info

This isn't anything new. I teach at a Club that charges $50 per year. Instructors run courses and certifications and books are sold at cost. Regs, SCUBA, BCs are owned by the Club. I learned in the same manner 44 years ago. So yes, there was great diving instruction before Walmart, PADI and the insatiable greed of today's Society... :)

we would find u a Instructor that can train u in expedition trimix,as long as you are a current member of are group. go to the web site and submit your request.

if your asking if u need professional liability then yes only if u need to help teach or give tours alone, there are a few types of liability insurance, u don't have to have it if u are just diving you can still be a dive master and not teach or give tours...

Okay, will you answer the other point of my post asking about your organization:

Your group is aware of the legalities of providing "copies" of copyrighted material right? I'm pretty sure that PADI actually requires divers purchase their own copies of the educational materials (but they allow sharing within the family) though loaning the videos/DVDs is common practice at most Dive Shops.

I'm not going to defend PADI's policies but... If your group doesn't want to abide by their standards then you should certify through a different agency or contact PADI and get written approval to side-step their policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom