Joint DOT-DILG-DENR Memo circular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now there is mention of fees in another thread....
I understood that the JOINT MEMO took care of that problem. Did I miss something? :wink:

I just want to inform everyone that a joint memorandum circular was signed and issued by Secretaries Durano, Puno and Atienza a few weeks ago at the Dive Congress held at the PTA clamshell in Intramuros.

The memo was basically for the LGU units, Mayors in particular regarding the standardization of dive fees.

Dive areas were separated (as MUNICIPALITIES) and CLASSIFIED into 4 categories and depending on the category, there was a maximum daily/annual dive fee that Mayors can impose.

So goodbye, 150 per dive, 400 per dive dive fees GOODBYE CAMERA FEES.

It also outlined what the fees were to be used for --mainly conservation and enforcement.

We thank USEC Cynthia Carrion for spearheading this initiative as well as the private sector members of the PCSSD and the Commissioners for addressing this pain in the diver's behinds (this is a public forum...) issue.

Anyone who wants a copy of the memorandum circular can email me at yvetteclee@gmail.com

Our domes are growing. I am a little busy building our house right now.....sorry....my focus is a little diverted right now.

Has anyone had any luck using the Joint Circular? We have scheduled a meeting with our Municipal government in a couple of weeks and the memo is one of the discussion points. It would help us to know if others are following the guidelines. Change....one step at a time....okay, so they are really small steps....and JAG....nah nah nah, follow along on this
[ 00======>> ] Can you guess what that is? LOLOLOL

and what about the shells and other species being sold at sutokil shops in cebu ? they play an important role in the cycle of the sea yet they are harvested daily ..... to think it would take years for one shell to grow .....

Philippine National Dive Association and PCSSD??? Are these related? What is going on with the new rules and the circular? We are looking for information but information is nonexistent. Is Yvette around somewhere???? Bring us up to date.
Still no PCSSD website?

Philippine National Dive Association and PCSSD??? Are these related? What is going on with the new rules and the circular? We are looking for information but information is nonexistent. Is Yvette around somewhere???? Bring us up to date.
Still no PCSSD website?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Ferris Bueller...anyone?

Does anyone have any info?

I recently spoke to Yvette about the questions I had....good news for all (it seems). Where are the other Owner/Operators on SB-PPD? Who are they (handles)?

I am wondering where this JOINT MEMO is in its life?!?!?!?! Has anyone seen this in action? Does anyone know of any municipality that follows this memo? I am running into challenges (again) from my LGU with dive fees. HELP!

Back
Top Bottom