Joint DOT-DILG-DENR Memo circular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The PCSSD is BUT the PNDA is not YET a formal organization.We are in the process of registering the association because the diving business is getting bigger every year and we realize the need to have a private sector organization that can address the issues we have with the LGU's and nat'l govt agencies--especially this dive fee thing. Hopefully with the new administration and the new attitude its bringing in, we can get this implemented. At least the Memorandum circular is in place and UNLESS it is canceled , we have a legal right to question the fees that are being leveled.

One of the reasons why NO mayor has followed this order is because no one has brought a case against any mayor regarding this. We realize that this is affecting the business of a lot of people (and quite a few on this thread) but NO ONE has the nerve to file a TRO in a local court to stop the mayor from levying fees that are not in accordance with the circular. WHY?? We understand the why--because they do not want to be singled out by the lgu in their area and be subject to harassment. Now with the PNDA, assuming we have enough funds,we can file a case in court as a group, and as such no one gets singled out.

BTw right now, most of the members of the PNDA are 98% Foreign owned resorts. So a majority of the officers will be foreigners.

Baby D. the Pcssd is in limbo right now as our positions were co-terminus with the previous association. BUT if your place was accredited in PCSSD, you can request for an air check and the office will send down someone to your place with a kit and all. The cost of the airfare and the consumables are borne by the office, and it certainly more than the 5000 membership fee they are charging.

Now this is good information!!! Where can we go (online) to show our LGU the law? Who is a good point of contact to call? Can we expect a website from PCSSD with the latest trade information and regulations? Thank you and keep us posted.

Baby D I will let you know when the new Exec director takes over with the new commissioners. BUT for now you can make a request through 02 524 3735.
The phone will probably be answered by Josie. Dont be disheartened if they dont act on your request right away, the office haven't had operational funds since January...

In no way am I trying to be mean...to anyone.

No budget means no service means no help....I know it sounds bad but what regulatory activity can regulate without a budget.

We will work with the PCSSD as best as we can....keep us posted.

Does anyone have any updated information about the implementation or "real-life" use of this memorandum. I am going to meet with our Mayor soon and it would be nice to cite an instance of someone following te law.

Does anyone have any updated information about the implementation or "real-life" use of this memorandum. I am going to meet with our Mayor soon and it would be nice to cite an instance of someone following te law.

Does this thing really exist? I am beginning to think it is a HOAX! I have asked several people in the government agencies that signed the letter and they ALL claim ignorance of this memorandum. What is going on??? HELP!!?!?!?

UPDATE - I have received several emails from the agencies on the Joint Memorandum Circular. Several attorneys from the agencies involved have responded and have been very helpful. The new diving fees law is not getting the local attention it deserves (ya think?). The attorneys have asked me several questions regarding our area (since we are not on the original list). I was also told that we can have our area classified by the good folks at PCSSD. The email below is a sample of one of the responses we have received to date --
Thank you for the information regarding Joint Memorandum Circular No. 01, s. 2009, dated January 29, 2009, on the Management of Dive Sites issued by the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Department of Tourism (DOT), and the Philippine Commission on Sports Scuba Diving (PCSSD).

The list of cities and municipalities enumerated in the Joint Memorandum Circular which does not include Culasi, Antique, is only the initial listing. However, as stated therein the local government units may later on declare, recognize or locally ordain other dive sites.

The PCSSD would be willing to send a team to inspect your area for the classification of your dive site and to determine the recreational scuba divers fee to collected.

You may get in touch with PCSSD at telephone no. 524-3735; Fax No. 524-8977; email pcssddot@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Atty. Evelyn R. Cajigal
Director for Legal Affairs, PCSSD
Tel. No. 524-1742; Fax No. 525-6269
Email ercajigal@tourism.gov.ph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom