Jon-Line use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter once bubbled...
You can't give CD credit for that one, I've actually been using it for years.

Dang! Just when I thought I was gonna be famous!

the "CDW manouver"? If we can find another letter, we can say NASA invented it and ask for millions. CD can train the cavers and Walter can train all the Black Ops folks (since we all know Walter likes diving in the dark), and we can have you split royalties on the PADI cert course!

..Surely we can find a couple things to name after our prolific ScubaBoarders. Jon isn't the only bright spark underwater....

Walter once bubbled...
You gotta admit, I covered it well making you think I was on to you the whole time.

well at least you were the sweetie and let me have a small dream... one day, though :D

divedude once bubbled...

I was playing around one day, free diving down to the "Aloha", One of my customers saw me and offered me her second. I figuered "what the heck" took it exhaled and took a breath, A mouth full of water, I purged took another breath, more water. Now I'm at 60' no air "SeeYa" I blasted to the surface.
Later we checked her second, the diafram was split wide open.
Her response:"I never use it, so I never check it"

If a second stage has a split diaghram you can breath it by holding the purge during the breath.

Tinnman asked: Mike: wouldn't you need a massive bolt snap to get it on and off the St. Lawrence wreck lines. Is there a tendency for it to slip up/down in a heavy current...I suppose a foot or two is manageable...

You got it backwards.

The bolts snap clips to my shoulder D-ring. The other end is like a giant bobby pin, that I clip to the line
See the picture.

At 8 ft out form the down line it can bob up and down all it wants and I stay right where I'm trimmed.

Mike D

divedude once bubbled...

I never allow Alex or myself to touch a line when accending or doing safety stops {when there's no current or slow current} and his bouyancy control is better that 99% of diver's I've met.

So make safety stops count! Practice!

I completely agree.. There is nothing I hate more than getting stuck in a "gaggle" of divers all hanging around 20 feet.. Fins and bad bouancy everywhere.. Current permitting I usually ascend next to the line (without touching) and hover around the 15-20 ft mark for my safety stop.. It really improves your bouyancy, especially when you can do it on a rough day with everybody else bobbing up and down on the line :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom