Joyeux Noël et Bonne année

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J'ai visité la Louisiane 2 fois. I visited Luzy Anna twice, How's the region recovering from the tragedy?

Regarding how the region is recovering, I suppose that depends on who you ask. The French Quarter was never under water, so they just needed people to come back so they could hire new employees and get back on their feet. They are fine now. Outside of that, half the population of New Orleans is still gone, and I don't think that they have any intention of coming back. My parents have had their house for sale for 18 months, and they have lowered the sell price $70,000, and there is no buyer in sight. The corps of engineers undersized the new pumps, and only built the levees back where they were broken... we see how well they worked before. People know this and so do the insurance companies. People cannot afford insurance. So why should people move back here? Sad... I grew up here and have lived in this area most of my life. Most people that are just from here, and have not traveled away from here have no idea how poor the conditions in this state are.

Every one who was here for Katrina has a story, every one of us was affected by it, and none of us will ever be able to get away from the life changing effects of it.

Regarding how the region is recovering, I suppose that depends on who you ask. The French Quarter was never under water, so they just needed people to come back so they could hire new employees and get back on their feet. They are fine now. Outside of that, half the population of New Orleans is still gone, and I don't think that they have any intention of coming back. My parents have had their house for sale for 18 months, and they have lowered the sell price $70,000, and there is no buyer in sight. The corps of engineers undersized the new pumps, and only built the levees back where they were broken... we see how well they worked before. People know this and so do the insurance companies. People cannot afford insurance. So why should people move back here? Sad... I grew up here and have lived in this area most of my life. Most people that are just from here, and have not traveled away from here have no idea how poor the conditions in this state are.

Every one who was here for Katrina has a story, every one of us was affected by it, and none of us will ever be able to get away from the life changing effects of it.

Dang, that is sad. So many broken lives. must be awefull.

I'd like to go back to see how it is now. I knew the french quarter was ok but I was wondering about the parts that authorities closed their eyes at.

Dang, that is sad. So many broken lives. must be awefull.

I'd like to go back to see how it is now. I knew the french quarter was ok but I was wondering about the parts that authorities closed their eyes at.

I'll let you know next week. On Monday I need to make a business trip to Chalmette. There wasn't a house or business in Chalmette that wasn't under water after Katrina. I'll let you know how they are doing now after my visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom