July 4th - Non Diving Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all,

My parents are coming down this weekend and I am trying to find something to do with them and I am sure there are plenty of good ideas on this board.

My parents are in their 70s and really don't like being out in the heat very long (yeah, I know it is Austin and will be in the triple digits while they are here). They want to go to the Oasis at least once while they are here (yeah, I know it will be slammed during the holiday weekend). Other than that, I have no idea what to do.

Any ideas out there.

thanks so much.

Layne

Layne... hey its nice your folks are coming for a visit....this is sorta a lame idea but I know how hot it is for everyone and in particular the older folks....my wife was reading thru our TV guide for the 4th/Fri. evening and there are alot of nationally broadcast Forth of July specials on tv/cable with fireworks etc.,,,one of the largest being broadcast from Houston. OK, I know pretty subdued but just an idea.

You could all take a drive out to Fredricksburg or one of the local wineries.

thanks, thanks and thanks. Forgot to mention my parents do not drink. And, since I was part of the La Belle excavation, my parents have seen the Bob Bullock Museum several times.

Bats is a great idea however...

Wife's mother loved Stagecoach Inn in Salado and we always love Gruene and Grist Mill for a cool evening stroll...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom