"Jupiter Bridge" Shore Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you know a charter down here that is $50 a trip? Do you remember their name? I go on The Blue Tang... always worth it!

Sorry-I was not being particularly accurate. The charter I did go on was $75 for a two tank dive, not including tip. I guess since I often dive in quarries with water temperature of 50 F and visibility of 10 feet, a good shore dive seems pretty good. I will say the boat dive was a lot nicer for a whole host of reasons.

---------- Post Merged at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I sure you have your reasons, but for most people traveling to FL, the cost of the dive boat is chump change compared to the cost of driving or flying out from NY. The diving there is awesome.
I understand. I got a round trip ticket from Buffalo to Ft. Lauderdale for $113, so in this particular case, it was not chump change to pay $225 plus tax for two dives.

I have dove the Kato bridge aka 707 bridge a couple times. If someone were coming in from out
of town I would certainly recommend the blue heron bridge before the kato bridge. If however you
are a local and want to try another bridge this may be of interest. I'm not so sure the slack tide window
is any less than elsewhere but the slack tide is NOT the same as blue heron bridge and if entering before
slack the tide is VERY strong. As mentioned the entry is on the west side of channel and just south of bridge
where you will find a very small little beach area.

Exactly what this person said ^^^^. Current is strong at Cato's bridge (Jupiter) everytime I go there I see about 20 snook just kind of hanging out in the channel. You'll find other fish like angels, parrot fish, cow fish etc hanging around the pillars.

I live in jupiter and would like to try this bridge. If someone who has dove this site would like to go pm me. I can go during the week too.

Hello:

I have a friend who just returned from FL and he raved about his shore dives on Jupiter Bridge near West Palm Beach. Unfortunately, when I looked at the discussions on here, I've seen claims that there is no good "shore diving" in Jupiter. There must be some miscommunication or something, since my friend just returned and said it was so excellent. I already know about Blue Heron, but my friend said he's seen bigger stuff at the Jupiter bridge, including a huge eagle ray and a rather large tiger shark.

Planning a trip back to FL in a couple months, so I'd love to be ready with the best shore dives in SE FL.

BigDaddy, are you still interested in shore dives in Florida? I can tell you a lot. I will try the Jupiter Bridge today. I have done many, many shore dives all over Florida.

I live in Jupiter and would like to try this bridge. If someone who has dove this site would like to go pm me. I can go during the week too.
I plan to try it today. I am available for shore dives almost every day. I am interested in macro diving. Let me know if you want to join me. I am not sure how to do PMs here.

This is an old post. But the best shore dive in Florida is, by far, the Blue Heron Bridge. Check in with the shop right there in the park (www.blueheronbridgescuba.com). They'll point you to the cool spots

Been to both. BHB is better with a longer window of dive time. Lots to see even sculptures. Was out today and the viability was great at Blowing Rocks State Park. No one there and did a shallow snorkel with my daughter. $2 donation to use the beach. Just an alternative to the precisely discussed sites.

Boats in Jupiter are great especially Jupiter Dive Center. Only dive with them when I dive Jupiter. They have an duel dive card with a Singer Island shop that can be used at either place. Sorry northern divers living here is diver heaven. Key Largo only about 1.5 he dive if you go early morning.

Don't miss upstate NY

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom