Jupiter Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving in Jupiter is great. The dives are a little deeper than West Palm (first dive typically 80-90 feet, second typically 60-80 ft), so they'll be shorter and often limited by NDL rather than the air in your tank from my experience...but there is the opportunity to see a lot of larger fish/animals. There is a wonderful dramatic ledge, as well as some wrecks.

I like the actual beach in Jupiter more than the beach at Singer Island. If I had more family visiting than I had room for, I'd put them in Jupiter. That being said, I go to Singer Island regularly to snorkel at Macarthur park and Ocean Reef Park, and dive at the Blue Heron Bridge. If someone wants to sit on a lounge chair and get drinks from the bar, the hotels at Singer Island might be a better bet. (Or the Breakers on Palm Beach hehe)

I forgot about Blue Heron! I know they do have timeshares, we trade into the marriot sometimes with other weeks we own. I thought that they did have rooms for nightly rates. IF not, I'm sure you could find someone looking to rent their timeshare for the week. I could even check if I have a week available to trade and could rent you the timeshare (I think that's frowned apon though so I'd have to check).

Give em a call.

What are your favorite sites to dive in Jupiter. Is most dives a short boat ride? I'm planning to dive with Jupiter Dive Center.

I'm looking at the Marriott and have a question about the hotel. Is that a timeshare facility and do you have to go through the typical 90 minute spill about the facility?

Hi DiverDean59, You should have a great trip to Jupiter. The diving here is excellent and our beaches are very nice also. Marriott has both timeshare hotels as well as an upscale resort on the beach on Singer Island (3800 North Ocean Road). We have a great relationship with the staff there so if you decide on that hotel please let us know as we can help with a package deal. I would stay away from the timeshare hotels. Who wants to spend their vacation telling a pushy salesman no, no, no.

Holiday Inn Express in Juno Beach would be a perfect location for a hotel in Jupiter for you.
Free parking and 1/2 block from beach. Love their breakfast with the cinammon rolls-yummy!
Rooms are very reasonable and the staff has been friendly when I have stayed there.
I agree about Macarthur state park, great snorkeling. Wasn't really that crowded when I was there. Hope this helps you in your search.

Is there a path or walkway from Holiday Inn Express to the beach?

You walk down the sidewalk along Donald Ross Rd for half a block then there is a path at the end.

I have not read the entire thread, but if your non-divers are looking for some additional things to do aside from hanging out at Carlin Park or on the beach, the Jupiter Lighthouse is a pretty interesting 2 hour diversion.

There are not many hotels right on the beach in Jupiter: Jupiter Beach Resort and Jupiter Reef are the only ones I can think of. There are several other normal hotels on US 1, such as Holiday Inn, that will be a few minute walk from the beach. There is plenty of parking on Juno Beach and Jupiter Beach (both street parking and in parking in municipal parks), so you can actually stay almost anywhere within a couple of miles radius and fairly easily get to the beach. I take my dog to Jupiter Beach frequently and never have a problem finding a parking space prior to 10:30 AM on the weekends

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom