Jupiter water tmps right now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

70 degree water sounds pretty good! I think I hit 68 once in cold upwelling in WPB and that was uncomfortably cold for my 3/2. I've not been diving in the deep winter months in Jupiter but I thought my 3/2 was adequate for November. I guess I prefer a little chill to more weight and being restricted in movement. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

November usually has very comfortable water temps: last year Dec had good water temps too. I switched to the 7MM in January and wore it through early May. With my 120 cf steel tank or 100 cf AL tank (and pony), I don't need much weight added when diving: 0 weight with my 3MM and 2MM vest and 6 pounds with my 7MM wetsuit.

Im not concerned for my self but for my wife who dives in her 7m in anything less then 80f.

---------- Post added August 27th, 2014 at 11:12 PM ----------

Any jellies out now?

Haven't seen any jellies this trip so far. Temp today 86 average. I think I even saw an 88. Viz was about 15 feet on the Danny. :( I am cold natured but can't imagine anyone diving more than a 3 in this bath water. :D

I read in the BHB forum that someone saw a couple moon jellies recently. I haven't seen any.

I read in the BHB forum that someone saw a couple moon jellies recently. I haven't seen any.

Chris,

You should have played hooky and gone diving. Bagged 3 lobsters including a monster! Surf and turf! Yeah!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom