Just a teaser!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapig52:
Did you know , that with the right current we get 81-85 Degrees off of the Islands in southern California ; San Clemente Island in the Months of Oct and Nov. Safe Scuba

Yeah, but the kelp is all dead at those temps and we don't want that.....Paul, Paul, Paul Paul, Paul.........:shakehead

Nice one, Karen. I didn't even think about that. :D

Paul, the lake isn't that bad. Come out and check it out with us next month. Scorpion Bay should be ready to dive again, and it's really quite a site for a lake. I know we won't change your mind about training there, but you might just enjoy diving there. Oh, BTW, bring your bus so we can warm up during the surface intervals and watch some TV! :wink:

scubapig52:
Did you know , that with the right current we get 81-85 Degrees off of the Islands in southern California ; San Clemente Island in the Months of Oct and Nov. Safe Scuba

Actually I have to call BS on this anyways, unless you can prove it. Based on my research the highest open water temp recorded in the area of San Clemente Island was 70-76 degrees on Aug 13-27, 1992, the highest open water temp recorded in the SoCal bight including Catalina was 72 degrees on Aug 18, 1992 in the Santa Monica Basin. 1992 was a record El Nino year. Nothing has really come close before or since based on data since 1991. The mean (average) water temp in the San Clemente Island area in the months of Oct-Nov is 63 degrees. These are essentially surface temps too taken a meter or less below the surface. Of course shallower coastal water can get warmer than the mean, but that is caused by much higher air temps; which occur in the summer months not the fall/winter.

The public information act, the internet and NOAA are wonderful things...

Guess I'm still packing my 7mil w/hood for Thanksgiving :wink:

-Garrett

Back
Top Bottom