Just back from COZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gorock

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back from a short trip to Cozumel and it was great. While I don't know when I will make it back there, when I do I will definitely be diving with BlueXTSea. While I did not have the opportunity to meet Christi (this is to her credit, she set everything up for me through email and a phone call so that I did not have to take time to leave my resort and go down town to the dive shop) she was very helpful in setting everything up and having the boat pick me up at the resort dock.

Pedro was an amazing dive master and guide, really showed me some great dive sites on Coz and was helpful in making sure the dives went off without a hitch. I also really appreciated how Pedro made it safe and convenient for me to end my dive while Sue and her Husband (great meeting and diving with them). Apparently I've become more of an air hog than I used to be, but I know how upsetting it can be to have to end a dive because someone else in the group used all of their air so it made me feel good that my poor air consumption didn't have to ruin Sue and her husbands' dive.

Had a great time and great diving!

Big thanks to Christi and Pedro at BlueXTSea.

Hey there GoRock, It was a pleasure diving with you. We really saw the critters out and about for sure. And I agree, after 10 years of diving with Pedro, I am also very happy to follow the plan he has for his divers.

Sue

Hey GoRock, You got on the boat just after I got off. It was indeed a pleasure diving with Sue Sue and Michael and never fear, I was also unable to match their consumption even as we completed 65 and 70+ minute dives. As for Pedro - does he breath? I know I saw at least a few bubbles... It's only my third trip diving with him and I also certainly hope to again.

Smart / Lucky you to get your first Coz dives with Pedro. You'll have a hard time finding someone better to lead you around the reefs. He's one of a select few that really are in a league of their own.

I stayed at the Sabor Exclusive Resort. It was pretty nice. Good pool, from what I saw around the Island the beach was good. If you're not travelling with younger family the Exclusive section is nice, all adults, mostly relaxing. The on-resort restaurants were good. I didn't actual make it to any restaurants off of the resort, spent almost all of our time on resort less the time I spent diving. We did take a tour of the island one day, rented a cab which I think we got hosed on but oh well. He took is to this "Tequila Factory" tour. Not where they actually make Tequila, but they have mock ups of what they use and give plenty of samples. The guide was very knowledgeable and fun and their Tequila was AMAZING. It was near El Cedral, just ask the cab drivers and they will know. It was free, they gave free samples, and then of course sold their tequila including four different straight tequilas and I think about 6 different infused tequilas.

Did you have to make reservations at the Sabor restaurants ahead of time ?

No reservations were needed and we just walked up and were seated immediately. One night we did notice a bit of a line at one of the restaurants when leaving the one we had dinner at.

The one thing that got me was shoes. The website says that men are required to wear pants and collared shirts for dinner. Upon arriving we were informed that closed toe shoes were also a requirement for men. I had brought nice slacks and shirts, but figured since it was an island and I have nice sandals that would be fine...I was told that it was not. I bought some and then got a bit upset to see people with t-shirts at dinner after being told I had could not wear my sandals.

No reservations were needed and we just walked up and were seated immediately. One night we did notice a bit of a line at one of the restaurants when leaving the one we had dinner at.

The one thing that got me was shoes. The website says that men are required to wear pants and collared shirts for dinner. Upon arriving we were informed that closed toe shoes were also a requirement for men. I had brought nice slacks and shirts, but figured since it was an island and I have nice sandals that would be fine...I was told that it was not. I bought some and then got a bit upset to see people with t-shirts at dinner after being told I had could not wear my sandals.

I agree with you on this one. Good to know about the restaurant set up. Thanks for the info ! sue

Just got back from a short trip to Cozumel and it was great. While I don't know when I will make it back there, when I do I will definitely be diving with BlueXTSea. While I did not have the opportunity to meet Christi (this is to her credit, she set everything up for me through email and a phone call so that I did not have to take time to leave my resort and go down town to the dive shop) she was very helpful in setting everything up and having the boat pick me up at the resort dock.

Pedro was an amazing dive master and guide, really showed me some great dive sites on Coz and was helpful in making sure the dives went off without a hitch. I also really appreciated how Pedro made it safe and convenient for me to end my dive while Sue and her Husband (great meeting and diving with them). Apparently I've become more of an air hog than I used to be, but I know how upsetting it can be to have to end a dive because someone else in the group used all of their air so it made me feel good that my poor air consumption didn't have to ruin Sue and her husbands' dive.

Had a great time and great diving!

Big thanks to Christi and Pedro at BlueXTSea.

He is indeed the best on the island! Both my wife and I agree on this for sure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom