Just completed Rescue Diver!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garyra:
I learned the importance of knowing how to take your buddies gear off them.

Hehe, no doubt...when i go out with classes now that's what i find myself doing...scanning other peoples' gear constantly :p

it.s not a big deal to pass the given padi times,you,ll need 12 points out of the four exercises.you can prepare if you do some cardio workouts (pool),runners dont necessarily have the same stamina in the water,thats why i suggest swimming.CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR RESCUE DIVER.PEACE

I've taught countless swimming lessons over the years, since as a competitive swimmer, I lived at the pool year round from ~10-18. Knowing how to swim and how to swim fast are 2 substantially different things.

One of the most basic problems with most people's stroke (for freestyle/front crawl/whatever you call it), it that they don't blow air out when their face is in the water. If you don't, you need to both exhale and inhale when you turn your head to breathe, which causes you to take twice as long in that step. When you take that extra time, your forward momentum slows down and you end up fighting to stay afloat rather than using your energy to propel yourself.

When your face is in the water, blow bubbles out. When you turn to breathe, you should only need in inhale. Don't roll your body any more than necessary when breathing.

I wouldn't practice with a snorkel, but I would practice with fins from time to time, just to build leg strength.

Back
Top Bottom