Just did my first Open Water dive at Pleasant!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does any one know the water temp there now?

Thanks!

shark.byte.usa:
two weeks ago it was mid 70's at 30-40', a little cooler deeper a little warmer shallower, surface temps were in the 90's :11:

That's because pee floats... :D

My wife and I did our open water in Lake Pleasant and the vis was around 6 inchs due to everyone kicking up the silt in 20 foot of water and being back in a cove. The Vis was so bad that when we did the emergency asceny the instructor litteraly put his mask on mine just so he could see if we where exhaling correctly. But after all is said and done, We feel that if we can dive in those conditions then all other dives will be apiece of cake.
I agree with the others, please don't bash the lake. It aint tropical and it aint clear but we get to go diving year around because it's open and diveable. My wife and a few friends dive frequently at the lake to keep familar with our gear and making sure it all still works, especially right before a trip to somewere that is tropical and clear.

Congrats on getting your C-card. See at the Lake.

Michael

Great post, Michael! Thanks for sharing your support for the lake.

scrapdizzy:
Started off real rough due to a bad fopah on me and my buddies behalf. You kno that quarter turn your supposed to open your air tank to let the air go into the hoses and then open it all the way? Well....I only had the 1/4 tank, got 20ft down to do my partial mask clearing and emergency assisted ascent etc and I could'nt breath! I freaked out, I just could not get enough air so I shot to the surface like a rocket, luckily only 20ft down.

Hey Gino! How's it going! It's Michelle from the same open water class! Just look at this little fopah as something that you will always remember to check! :)

Keep us posted on what you guys have been up to! Shane and I were going to go for Advanced, but turns out we now need flood insurance on our house in NC so we prolly won't do it now. We are going to Tahoe in June next year, so I am hoping we can get advanced by then so we can dive in the altitude in Tahoe. I hear it is one of the best lakes to dive in.

DaveAZ:
Does any one know the water temp there now?

At the surface was 84, 20 ft down or so was 82, and if you went to the thermocline was about 72. Many of the guys in our group from last weekend went without wetsuits and were perfectly fine. The chicks however, kept them on, me included.

A dive at the lake is better than no dive at all!

(I was certified at pleasant when it was 52* with MAYBE 5' vis.. ooh rah)

Humu-out-of-Water:
A dive at the lake is better than no dive at all!

(I was certified at pleasant when it was 52* with MAYBE 5' vis.. ooh rah)

So true!

I just got back from Alaska and those guys were diving in 40* water all day, thats Summer temps.

hey Shortypots! Good luck on your first real dive!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom