Just moved to Ontario (ottawa) from Halifax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings group...

Just discovered this Group and thought I'd subscribe and pop in to introduce myself. I just moved to ottawa from Halifax and am keen to get some diving in soon, hopefully I'll hook up with some of you folks. Ive checked out the local dive shops and see that there is not a great deal of diving going on right now...Although I believe that there is an Ice Diving course or two coming up, and am giving that some consideration.

Looking forward to Doing lots of Dives in Kingston area... Is the area ice covered right now or is it clear???? Is anyone diving their on weekends at this time of year...from shore??? I understand that the Charter boats are not in the water....

Am a fairly experienced diver, ready to dive, just need buddies and water.

Diver Joe

Diver Joe once bubbled...
, just need buddies and water.

Diver Joe

-- none of those here.... nope nope nope!

Jest kidding, welcome to Ontario and the board. You should be able to find lots of folk here...

go check out the WetOwls @ Burton's they were a good bunch of Folks I had the pleasure of Diving with when I was in Ottawa.

Great guys, Ask for Bill or Mark and tell them Willer sent'ya.

and slap both of them and ask them why they're not out on the west coast diving with me!

Willer

from (to) the "hot air capital" after all we do have all those politicians here.

As Amphibious said, Burtons has Wet Owls, but some of the other shops also have dive "clubs" -- Sharkeys, KDS and Dolphinos just to name three.

But then there's the gang here too. There are quite a number of us from Ottawa.

I do know some of "hardy souls" that still dive from shore, but most folks I know have put a hold for a few months.

I tend to stop myself as I really don't like being that cold, though I just got invited to take the Ice Diving course..... still thinking on that one....

Welcome,

I don't know what is going on in Ottawa, but currently we still have some open water near Prescott and most of us can be found there on a Saturday morning.

The weekend of Feb 22 & 23 we have a ice diving course in Brockville. If anyone is interested you can PM me for details.

Here's to the chili weather.....:boozer: :cold: :boozer:

Welcome DJ...I'm sure you'll find the diving great here (Kington, St. Lawrence)....but I think you may have a hard time finding any lobsters though.:D
Randy...

welcome to the board!

not too much going on right now, as the shorelines (at least all that I have checked) are just about impossible to enter/exit right about now. Depending on weather, we should be able to pick up shore diving in another month or so.

in the meantime, a lot of places are running ice dives.

let me know when you are up for a dive, always looking for buddies!

Hi Group
Thanks for the response.
Am sure that I will be hooking up with some of you at future dives. I was at Dolphinos this afternoon and signed up for an Ice Diving course for 22/23 Feb and a Rescue Diver course that starts with classroom session tomorrow evening.

I have also signed up (at Sharky's) for a trip to Montreal on 30 Mar for a dive at the Olympic pool....supposedly its 50ft deep.

So things are starting to come together and I'll be blowing bubbles in no time at all.

Have a great day/evening

Diver Joe

I was at Dolphinos this afternoon and signed up for an Ice Diving course for 22/23 Feb and a Rescue Diver course that starts with classroom session tomorrow evening.

I know the instructors for the Ice Diving course, you'll have a blast with them. If you're at the shop tonight (Feb 12) -- I might be meet you -- I'll be there to DM a OW course.

I have also signed up (at Sharky's) for a trip to Montreal on 30 Mar for a dive at the Olympic pool....supposedly its 50ft deep.

That's what I've been told. The 50ft portion apparently is relatively a small area (when compared to the pool). -- will look forward to hear about your adventure.

Thanks Diving Gal...

Nice meeting you this evening, I also met Barb from this list...She is on the Rescue course as well...

Are you still thinking about the Ice diving Course???

Diver Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom