Just moved to Ontario (ottawa) from Halifax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was nice to meet you too. Thought I saw Barb, but was busy with the OW class, so missed saying hi again to her.

Still only thinking, but, I do believe I'll pass on the Ice Diving this year.

DivingGal once bubbled...
It was nice to meet you too. Thought I saw Barb, but was busy with the OW class, so missed saying hi again to her.

Still only thinking, but, I do believe I'll pass on the Ice Diving this year.

WUSSSSSSIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :eek:ut:

Butch103 once bubbled...

WUSSSSSSIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :eek:ut:

and just who is running down south this year, and who is not????

Funny dude!

it is just a little bit of warm diving to break up the cold diving..................something a little deeper than the pool..........a little softer than the current water conditions...................

Your still a wussie........drysuit and afraid of a little bit of icy water..........

Butch103 once bubbled...
........drysuit and afraid of a little bit of icy water..........

I'm not afraid of a "little bit of icy water" -- I just don't like "a lot of icy water".

BTW - the OW for the HSA course must be done not using drysuits. Mind you the OW is not until the begining of May, so the water will have warmed up from the current 3-5C to the balmy temps in the 5-10C range!

DivingGal once bubbled...
from (to) the "hot air capital" after all we do have all those politicians here.

As Amphibious said, Burtons has Wet Owls, but some of the other shops also have dive "clubs" -- Sharkeys, KDS and Dolphinos just to name three.

There is also a couple of non-store affiliated dive clubs in Ottawa. Seaway Valley divers out of Cornwall is also very active. Your now within a two hours drive of some of the best diving in the world.

Thanks Bubble Boy...yes I am somewhat excited about my move here because of the great diving. I hope to be heading down to Kingston every weekend (when diving resumes)... Also hear that there are lots of good dives in the St. Lawrence too!

Hopefully I will hook up with a couple of local (Ottawa) divers who would like to do the same...we could then alternate vehicles each weekend. Share the cost of accomadation on the odd weekend etc...

I'm sure that I will get to know the local Kingston divers, shops and charter operators as well.

By the way..where are you located BB?

Back to ya

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom