Just noticed something odd. No cert# on my C card!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ice9

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I was moving some stuff around in my logbook and took a close look at my OW card. It has my name, but no cert #. Is this common? Seems like it would be really easy to forge one of these.

Is it your temp card?

Hey, I got one of those cards without a number on it, too. Oh, it's also got a certification date of Sept. 1969. Even has a picture of me when I had hair.

Allison Finch:
my 1970 NAUI card has a number but no picture. Did they have cameras back then??
one is made to believe so :), i guess at the time they still had staff in the shops that was bright enough to make the connection that a card without pic in combination with a pic id like drivers license works also ROFL.

NAUI does not assign #s untill you are certified in a leadership role (instructor, assistant instructor, and maybe DM...i cant remember). If one takes the time to make a counterfeit NAUI card, then he deserves to get bent.

Kevin

Yep, NAUI has no certification number. It's customary to use your birthdate when filling out waivers, etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom