Kelly's $16 Margarita?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh oh Christi, I want to book two weeks of diving at that price. Let me win the lottery first. LOL. We will still be going to Cozumel no matter what the prices are. We go for the diving anyways. I suppose we will just have to check with the restaurants on their prices before we eat or drink.

Well - I think that anyone who would mix Don Julio with anything gets what they deserve.

Actually I paid $30 US for two scoops of ice cream and a coca cola at a sidewalk cafe in front of the Cathedral in Florence.

Christi:
New rates effective immediately :)

$350 two tank dive (includes tanks...weights extra $10 per pound)
$150 Night dive (applies to Caleta dives only...$65 surcharge to go to a real reef)

Specials:
Five-day, two-tank package = $1749pp (includes 1 bottled water per person)

What do y'all thionk? Think I would win some customers for life with these prices :wink:

Just so there is no confusion...this IS a joke...:D

Christi I think you could win customers for life if you charged the following rates.

$3.50 two tank dive (includes tanks...weights extra $.01 per pound)
$1.50 Night dive (applies to Caleta dives only...$6.50 surcharge to go to a real reef)

Specials:
Five-day, two-tank package = $17.49pp (includes 2 bottles water per person) :wink:

Christi:
New rates effective immediately :)
Whadya mean effective immediately?... you've had those rates for at least 3 weeks. I've got my bill here to prove it!

I said it once, and I'll say it again - Life is too short for cheap alcohol. Top shelf for me... I like a good Whiskey or Vodka (chilled) on occasion but it's usually just beer.

ggunn:
What was the reason?

He told me that the banks were not accepting a majority of them. The biggest problem is after a great deal of drinking, the signatures don't match. So he just decided to avoid future problems by not accepting them at all.
I can see how this could be a major problem for the customers. A sign advising that Travelers Checks are not accepted would be very helpful.

reikomp:
I said he threw our money on the table, which we did not take but left for the staff. I did not drink the margarita which was watered down with the less expensive liquor. You do not know the nature of the insults which also involved insulting his bartender, 'She's just a Mexican' Perhaps racism is okay for you but I will not support it.
The plot thickens.
reikomp:
Perhaps racism is okay for you but I will not support it..
The racism card is a nice touch. (considering the lack of support you received here, you are really grasping at straws) However you have no grounds to accuse me of racism, when this is the 1st time it is ever mentioned. All I did was not agree with your little hissy fit over your drink prices.
You are a piece of work...

ScubaTexan:
Two words: Jose Cuervo :D

jose_especial.jpg

Jose Cuervo is garbage.
Try Herradura, el Jimador or Patron and you'll never drink JC again...never.

This is definitely not the norm. I paid EXACTLY what I have always paid for EVERYTHING! I had supper one night that cost $1.20 U.S. (I brought my own beer.) Give me a break. You guys just don't know where to eat or drink or dive or whatever.

fairbanksdiver:
Is Cozumel really getting this out of control? Is it just at a few places, or island wide?

-Brandon.

All i gotta say is.....if I could just be on Coz again right now.......instead of waiting until next January, .....Id gladly pay that much for a marguarita.....or, just give me a Sol, either way, id be a happy camper!

MMM:
This is definitely not the norm. I paid EXACTLY what I have always paid for EVERYTHING! I had supper one night that cost $1.20 U.S. (I brought my own beer.) Give me a break. You guys just don't know where to eat or drink or dive or whatever.

May I ask where and what you ate for a buck 20? :huh:

We made several visits to Kelley's on our 1st trip to Coz just before Wilma hit. I've gotta say that the beer and food AND service were great! and from a couple of brits who've drunk in bars on 4 continents thats high praise indeed!!!, We'll be back in there in early April to enjoy a few more!!!
38 days to Coz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom