Kenny's Kona Khristmas Kwestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You mean you missed Rick's and my "team" DIR-F report? We're so indoctrinated, we couldn't even report individually . . . :)

For fish i.d, I personally life Hawaiian Reef Fish by Astrid Witte and Casey Mahaney
(published by Island Heritage). They also have a book on invertebrates. I used a three millimeter wetsuit, no hood, when I got certified in Kona in July, and got pretty cold. I did a maximum of two dives a day. My guess is that you'd freeze to death by your fourth dive of the day (keep in mind that this is coming from someone who has to use a farmer john 6.5 with hood and gloves to dive San Diego. Everyone else on the boat always thinks I'm going to overheat).

I just got back, I wore an old farmer john and was fine on our deepest dive to 102ft. My wife is prone to cold and was fine in a 5-4-3 suit, no hood. I found my first every nudi there and saw the same variety on 4 dives. I wanted to go on a night dive, but the operators only go on the Manta dives at night unless you arrange something well in advance. The swell was up while we were there. The Agressor looked a much less inviting place to stay than shore. Besides there is so much to do other than dive on TBI.

TSandM:
You mean you missed Rick's and my "team" DIR-F report? We're so indoctrinated, we couldn't even report individually . . . :)

Hardly posting or lurking. This is my busy time of the year, so I get very little time to surf the board - plus with the new cam rig, I'm cramming for my Kona trip.... so I'm diving a lot lately.

I'll find it for sure. I love your writing and your transparent self examination... its gotta be a great report.

Rick's a horn player. He probably posted his in Crayon.

---

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom