Kentucky Derby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gitterdun:
Ahhh... Yanno... all my years of working with race horses, and I've never been to the Derby... tsk tsk tsk...

Have a great time!! :):)

Join the club. I once worked a Brood mare & yearling sale at Keenland for several days & have lived in KY (a little further west than Louisville) all my life & have never gone.

SCUBAJENNIFER:
I had an extra ticket until a week ago, but since you never come home!!!

Oh and Mint juleps suck! :l: We save those for the out of towners!!

I sure as heck ain't comin' home just ta watch them ponies! I'll just sit here and see 'em in HD.

Back in the day my Dad lived a few blocks from the track. When he was a kid he would sit on the rail!

It still is a big day for us... I guess it is for any Kentuckian... it's in our blood.

So, should we go in a rainy day or not?

He will talk Min into staying at home. She will want to go. Of course the story will be told differently. :D
The infield at the Derby reminds me of the infield at the Indy 500 years ago. Turn one was always wet and muddy. Boobs, booze, and babes. Lord only knows what was going to happen next.

BTW, what happen to the KOMI dive? Wasn't it to be this weekend?

Just got home and checking the Oaks coverage the infield looks pretty good right now, we will see if it holds up till the Derby. Infield will cost you $40 for the Derby.

Sundays dive at Joe's is a KPP pre-opening event for Falling Rock, Hoosiers are also welcome to this event. At $15 it is much cheaper than going to Churchill Downs!

We just got from Indy and will be at Derby tomorrow as planned.

Our 2nd gathering date isn't set up yet....

Land Locked:
Just got home and checking the Oaks coverage the infield looks pretty good right now, we will see if it holds up till the Derby. Infield will cost you $40 for the Derby.

What does mean by "$40"? :confused: Is it "$2" gate fee?

As I check, the event start 11 a.m. By the what time we should be there?
Any idea?

Min keps asking me if there is any dress code for a lady... LOL~~~~

Dress code? In the INFIELD? LOL Anything you want is fine, be sure to take a camera with a big memory, you will see lots of strange sights out there.

I've lived here for the better part of 35 years. It's nuts. To many locals, the additional traffic and all is really an inconvenience! We go some years, but not to the infield anymore. But it's something you really do need to experience once. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom