Key Dive Package - Too good to be true?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, but the shop says....
This works out to under $500 TOTAL FOR ALL FIVE
NIGHTS
including two dive trips, which is nowhere near the $1222 you said you
were
going to be charged. The manager of the resort said he tried to
communicate
this to you...

which is consistant with the ad.

ok, i say they are forced to undergo an ordeal, say, listen to my poetry non-stop

whoever cracks first, is obviously lying

a small sample from my opus "Lizard Cantanta"

languidly, pleasantly the lizard lays
round about a bout of rum
with fireflies and fellow follicles and says

oh dear, my pocketwatch is rather slow
and here i am dressed up with nowhere to go
hungry after dinner and asking for more

food, becuase i'm hungry, as i said
a lizard I, drunk out of my head
with no aspirin, wishing i were dead

(thank you.. thank you.... no need to applaud)

Did they keep your deposit? that's simple. Print the ad and call your credit card company and have the charges reversed. Fax the printed ad to the credit card company with the part circled that references the $217 for 5 nights. You'll get your money back.

You can call the BBB and complain but if it's the same BBB that covers Key West you are wasting your time. I'm sure that Monroe County prob only has one BBB and Monroe county covers all of the keys. We had a hotel in Key West, The Southern Most Hotel, book a package for us. For an extra $60/night we could get an "ocean view room" instead of a regular room. After we got there we learned that this meant that "ocean view" meant a room on the 2nd floor so you could see over the cars in the parking lot easier. The view from our room looked directly across to the hotel next door. If you wanted to look at the ocean, you had to look down the length the parking lot. The hotel would do nothing about the room and when we filed a complaint with the BBB, they did nothing. In fact the BBB sent us a letter that stated that the hotel was within its rights to call that 'ocean view'.

So we got ripped off also. So add Southern Most Hotels to the list of places not to stay down there and the BBB to the list of worthless companies. It seems that in this case they weren't interested in promoting "better business", but promoting it's "members".

H2Andy:
a small sample from my opus "Lizard Cantanta"

e. e. cummings meets Salvadore Dali. :14:

im confused - It looks to me from the emails from the dive shop that it was a misunderstanding. Islamorada is NOT Charging 214.00 per person per night double occupancy to anyone, period.

Clearly a mistake on one of the workers parts that escalated......

Redid the math two different ways below.. Actual cost due with 246 deposit @ $217.50 per person per 5 days + tax and incidentals, and then working backward from sum of deposit and quoted amount due..

TheRedHead:
e. e. cummings meets Salvadore Dali. :14:

hehehe...

oh, if only

:wink:

Ok.. revising my math with what he listed as 11.5% tax rate and using the $2 per person per night resort fee

If resort fee is taxable
((217.5*2)+(2*10))*1.115=507.325 total cost
507.325-246=261.325 amount due after deposit
261.325/2=130.6625 amount due per person after deposit

If resort fee is non taxable
(217.5*2)*1.115+(2*10)=505.025 total cost
505.025-246=259.025 amount due after deposit
259.025/2=129.5125 amount due per person after deposit

ok.. I did the mat ONE more time.. going the other way

246(deposit)+1222(amount due)=1468
1468-[2(resort fee)*5(number of nights)]=1458
1458/1.115(tax)=1307.62332
1307.62332/[3(number of paid nights)*2(number of people)]=217.93722 per person per night

Youn must have made a difference and I could not find this deal on the website. Looks like they switched to Book 5 days get 2 free without giving the price.

Back
Top Bottom