Key Largo accomodations and dive ops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elenion

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husband and I will be going for a week-long dive vacation in Key Largo in late January. What can you recommend for accommodations (mid-range)? Also, we have about 20 dives logged apiece, so we are looking for a top-notch dive op that's good with newer divers. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!

marina del mar is nice but reasonable. See if you can book through hotels.com for a better rate.

We dive with Silent World and have enjoyed it. Will be going out with them again the week of Thanksgiving. They have a good priced 5 dive package. Nothing fancy but great folks. They are one of the few that go to Carysfort Dive site.

I take a lot of classes thru Marina del Mar. They have a super heated pool and hot tub. Located right in the center of action. For diving I use Ocean Divers and sometimes Scuba Do...both are great operations

For hotels, if you're considering the chains, the Holiday Inn in Key Largo is nice, reasonable, and next door to a big World Watersports.

-Paul

elenion:
My husband and I will be going for a week-long dive vacation in Key Largo in late January. What can you recommend for accommodations (mid-range)? Also, we have about 20 dives logged apiece, so we are looking for a top-notch dive op that's good with newer divers. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!
We can get you a good rate at Marina Del Mar (or Holiday Inn or Ramada), but January accommodations can be pricey. If you're looking for something more personal and unique, check out www.islandbayresort.com. Enjoy!

I did my first ocean dives with Ocean Divers, next to Marina del Mar, and found them very friendly and helpful. I was alone, so I hired a professional guide (Larry Gates, larrygates.com) who was an immense help. He is a master instructor who works with Ocean Divers and who knows the reefs and wrecks intimately. Having a guide removed the stress of navigating my way around new territory.

elenion:

Thanks!

"
icosm01.gif
Dive with us!"

Couldn't agree more. Dive with them. PM KeyLargoBrent, Blue Water Divers is top notch in EVERY way.

I just came back stayed at the Rock Reef resort, not fancy but nice and very reasonable. We dove with silent world my friend did his o/w dives with them, they were great. Very new diver friendly go with them.

In February of 2006 my son and I used Quiescence for our very first "ocean" dives. Captain Steve took very good care of us. However, having now done over 25 more dives in that area with multiple dive ops, I would highly recommend either Brent with Blue Water right there in Key Largo, or Gary with Conch Republic just down the road in Tavernier. Both are good ops, but you need to be right up front with them about what you need when you talk to them so that they can be tuned in for you. Have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom