Key Largo - Food and Other Non Diving Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyler. Henry

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Headed to Key Largo now for a few days. Anyone have recommendations for food, restaurants or anything else to see or do during surface intervals? We will be diving with Rainbow Reef. Thanks.

On the Gulf side right across Highway 1 is Snooks Bayside. Sipping a cocktail on the deck at a high-topper on the rail is a great way to watch a sunset, and, back when we were there, the food wasn't too bad either...

I assume you have a car, right? Depends on what kind of food you are looking for. Places below are full service places we frequent, nothing fancy though.

Buzzard's Roost
Pilot House
Blackwater Siren
Snook's Bayside
Snapper's
Sundowner's

Sharkeys - Same building as Rainbow Reef
Hobos around MM 102
The Catch around MM 102
Fish House around MM 102
Mrs Macs - MM 98-99

I try to be positive on here, but I’ve been to KL four times and I’ve never eaten in a place that really stood out. All were okay, but nothing memorable. I’ll keep trying.
Note: I’m talking seafood.
The diving museum is worth a visit, but maybe that’s in Islamorada. The African Queen boat from the movie is in the channel next to the Holiday Inn. Breakfast at Waffle House!

Whale Harbor AUCE is near the history of diving museum.
Excellent seafood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom