Key Largo for Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slate's boats are 80'/early 90's vintage 40' round chine (read that a rolly) boats that have seen better days and are pretty slow (under 14mph on a good day).

Ocean Divers has a late 90's 46' Newton (topshelf dive boat) that can cruise at 18+ MPH all day long. Their other boat (the Santana) is about the same size, I think it slower but is maintained in top condition.

Conch Republic also has a 46' Newton as well as 30' Island Hopper, both well maintained.

Florida Keys Dive Center also has a Newton and I think Keys Dives may have one as wel.

These are the "big" boats servicing the upper keys.

5' seas I can deal with however wife and kids would be a no go for sure. Hope the weather lays down in the next couple weeks!

No your not wrong. Capt. Slates is a great choice, my opinion. Nice big boat. capacity of 40 people! snorkelers that is. divers they can fit 24 comfortably. Capt. Slates dive shop's staff are nice, the captains and mates are outgoing, i've never been on that boat and not had a good time. as for hotels, they accommodate people with the hampton for $99/night! cant beat that with the prices going on in the keys. they also work with key west inn and ocean pointe suites! they have a special now for thursday thru sundays (excluding dec 23-dec 31) with $79/night for hotels. gotta love the holidays :) i live in key largo, local as local can get, and i go on there boats as much as im available. love it. actually, i went to there new shop in mm 106, next door to the visitors center. got my snorkeling gear there! all national geographic quality gear, rashgaurds, and wetsuits. for me and my little brother. well anyways, there great and highly recommend them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom