Key Largo Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quiescence is an awesome operation, but right now they are only doing private charters. With four of you that may be a nice option, but it might be a little more pricy. I exchanged email with them a few weeks ago to ask if they have any plans to go back to shared charters and, as of that time, they did not, but said to keep checking.

For the Key Largo dive ops, if there's no guide in the water is it a drift-type situation where you just do your dive and shoot a DSMB for the boat to locate you? Or are you expected to come back to a mooring line?

Generally, you come back to a mooring line. Unless you get lucky...

Horizon/Rainbow and we also used Pirates cove Watersports that cater to beginners....shallow reefs and wrecks...pretty good size catamaran
What have you heard about the training classes at pirates cove?

I've had good experiences with both SeaDwellers and Amoray in KL. Amoray docks bayside so it is sometimes a bit longer ride out and back but I really like their boat. They also have a fun Facebook page with frequent updates.

SeaDwellers docks right at the Holiday Inn Express.

While it's not in Key Largo, I can definitely recommend against Islamorada Dive Center. They put us in the water with AL80's filled over 4000psi (in 80f water), on yolk regs no less. I was too naïve at the time to know any better and just went with it.
Were you or anyone else injured when the tanks exploded?

Thanks, they seem very responsive. Some comments that they are too big, but also know their stuff.
Rainbow reef for diving instruction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom