Key Largo/Islamorada Dive Op Recommendations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@MSltr: Thanks for the report, I really appreciate it! That pretty much solidifies my decision to dive with them. If you don't mind, I'm going to drop you a PM with some additional questions.

@mrx3000: Thanks. Sounds like a lot of folks recommend Key Dives! I'll be getting in touch with them shortly. You're more than welcome to join me, if you'd like. I'll be down next week and I always enjoy meeting other divers!

Hi there from Key Largo Scuba Shack! We do only take a max of 6 divers out per trip and do put a guide/instructor in the water on all dives. They also shoot either a HD Video or still photos on the dive. We are at MM 97 on the Bayside in Key Largo and if you are the first to sign up for the day you do get first choice of the dive spot, weather permitting of course. Give me a call at the shop or shoot us and email! 305-735-4313 or check out our website at keylargoscubashack.com. Thanks! ~Kim

Just wanted to report back on my experiences with Key Dives (Key Dives Guided Scuba Diving in Islamorada in the Florida Keys).

These folks really understand great customer service. They make sure each and every diver is taken care of and as I was told, "It's your vacation, you shouldn't be doing the work." Their boat, the Giant Stride, is well-equipped with all the usual dive boat commodities and captained by Scott (helluva nice guy and former Ohioan, which I thought was neat). Each guide takes no more than 6 divers and their personal service throughout the trip is refreshing. Pre-dive briefs with your group are the norm and during the dive they are quick to point out interesting specimens, which is particularly nice for photographers. Even though you have your own guide, the other guides are quick to help and assist you when needed, even Captain Scott who sees nearly all divers off into the 'pool'.

After my first day of diving, I was pleasantly surprised that all the guides (not just my own), Scott and even employees in the shop greeted me by name. I know that's not something essential, but it really adds to the personal degree of service. So, if it's not already glaringly obvious, I highly recommend Key Dives for those who are looking for an excellent dive op with great customer service and guided dives in Islamorada, or anywhere in the Upper Keys for that matter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom