Key Largo Jan 15-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

500 psi is in for Sunday on the Spiegel. Called Bluewater to make the reservation last week. I willl take the nitrox course with Divers City on Friday / Sat. and will be staying at the TropicVista Motel. ($89/ night). Seee you all soon. Looking foward to some nice cold water like I dive in here in Wisconsin.

paulwall: It's not looking promising for the weekend further north, but seems possible the front won't quite hit the Keys as much.

NOAA:
Friday: Southeast To South Winds 10 To 15 Knots...becoming
Variable Near 10 Knots Late. Seas Beyond The Reef Becoming 2 To 4
Feet. Seas Inside The Reef 1 To 2 Feet. Nearshore Waters A Light To
Moderate Chop. Scattered Showers.
Saturday: Winds Becoming North To Northeast...and Increasing To 15
To 20 Knots By Late. Seas Beyond The Reef Building To 4 To 6 Feet
Late. Seas Inside The Reef Around 2 Feet. Nearshore Waters Becoming
Choppy Late. Scattered Showers.

Several of us will be staying at the Marina del Mar. Stu's got the links to the two dive ops on the first post if you want to make reservations.

Come on down!

Mr. P and I will be in Key Largo from the 14th - 17th we are staying at the Holiday Inn and Diving with SeaDwellers. The Wreck Sites are a little advanced for us, so we are looking into mainly reef diving if anyone else is interested.

I can't join you then but I am heading down to Key Largo on Tuesday the 18th for a couple of days. I was wondering if you can get back on here after you dive and let me know how it was; I hear that a front is coming in over the weekend?

I am itching for the Speigel Grove; do you know what wrecks and reefs you are going to?

A couple of us are heading to Key Largo for the weekend of 15th and 16th

Sat 15th (morning) - 3 tank dive with Divers City (diverscityusa.com)
Sunday 16th (morning) - 2 tank dive with Blue Water Divers www.bluewaterdiver.net

Looks like wrecks & reefs on both days (and weather permitting - Speigel Grove on the Sun)

...anyone want to join us ?

Stuart

dive_often:
I hear that a front is coming in over the weekend?

I am itching for the Speigel Grove; do you know what wrecks and reefs you are going to?

its been blowing quite a lot in the last month or so apparently - I was in Marathon (mile marker 50 or so) last weekend and it was quite nice and not very windy or choppy. I guess the plans depend on the weather and currents on the day - usually if there's current on one of the wrecks there's another that is fine. Speigel, Eagle and Duane are all great wrecks.

Mrs.Prages:
Mr. P and I will be in Key Largo from the 14th - 17th we are staying at the Holiday Inn and Diving with SeaDwellers. The Wreck Sites are a little advanced for us, so we are looking into mainly reef diving if anyone else is interested.
Stuart had mentioned getting together as a group for dinner. I'm thinking Saturday evening would work best. We would get to meet Mr. & Mrs. P. and any other Conch Divers who might be in town this weekend! Who wants to go where?

We are pretty open to just about anything as long as it is no longer moving. I'm half chinese, so I have seen far too many things wriggle across a plate in my life and I am done with that.

We won't have a car with us, so if it is not within walking distance we might need to work out transport with someone else if they are willing.

Hello all,
Looks like I finally get to do some diving in '05. I just booked a seat with Brent, but I need a dive buddy. If anyone is interested please let me know. Unfortunately I won't be able to get my Nitrox Cert before the trip so I'll be diving regular air.
back40

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom