Key Largo Jan 15-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool - welcome to the group !
for the buddy - we'll just see who's on the boat - then find you a buddy or buddy team

For dinner - I mentioned Sr Frijoles (if people like Mexican) or the place next door (Sundowners ?) if people aren't keen on Mexican...[I'm up for Mexican given the choice]
..not sure if either place take reservations on a Saturday night

We should make a tentative time, say 7pm. If people want to join us and have a preference , probably good to make a post - we can then see if a reservation is possible (or we just may have to wait a while for a table)

7:00 works for me; it's up to you guys diving Saturday, since I didn't know when you'd be back in from the boat, have time to change, etc.

Shall we vote Sr. Frijoles, since no-one's arguing otherwise? And if there's a wait....well, I'm sure there's a Margarita with my name on it!

we should be done by 2 or 3pm on the Sat (as we have an early morning start and just doing 3 tanks)...Sr Frijoles it is then at 7pm

Do you have to dive to be invited to this Sr Frijole party? Even though I can't dive with y'all this weekend, I'd love to meet some local SBers. I have a car, so if anyone needs a ride let me know.

Daphne

no diving required - just come on down and meet everyone ! See you there.

I've been checking some different weather sources I use for fishing and it looks like it could be a bumpy ride out. I've been getting reports of 2-4 and 3-5 outside the reef and 1-2 inside the reef. I can handle the boat ride but let's hope the current cooperates.

back40:
I've been checking some different weather sources I use for fishing and it looks like it could be a bumpy ride out. I've been getting reports of 2-4 and 3-5 outside the reef and 1-2 inside the reef. I can handle the boat ride but let's hope the current cooperates.
Those conditions sound pretty good for this time of year; but, if in doubt, consider medicating. Seasickness seems to be going around! As for subsurface conditions, we've been on the Bibb, Duane, and Spiegel Grove for the past three days with mild to moderate currents, 72-74 degree water temps, and 50-80 feet of viz. It's all good once you get down! There's been a big bobtail spotted eagle ray cruising the Duane for the past three days. Enjoy!

As always, Brent and Glenn and Sally provided a great day of diving for us.

I skipped out on Saturday diving, and met up with everyone for dinner at Senor Frijoles, and the table grew from two to @ 12 in a hurry......it was great to get to meet everyone in one place!!
Sunday morning was overcast and a bit windy, but with fairly cooperative seas, we headed for the Speigel Grove.
Viz was down, @ 25 feet or so, but water was still relatively warm at 74 degrees....manageable! I enjoyed the chance to explore the bow of the Grove; always been dropped midship. Fun to swim up to the plaque and take my turn "brushing" it....kinda makes it official! Each time I dive the Grove, I am more amazed at just how huge it is.

Thanks for the invite Stu; let's do it again soon! Who wants to come to West Palm this time? :D

Saturday dives (with divers city) were good with The Eagle and a couple of reefs - the viz improved throughout the day, so was able to take a few photos on the last 2 reef dives. Sunday was a double Speigel Grove which is an impressive sight no matter how may times you dive it. The seas were not too rough on either day, although the ride to shore on Sunday was a tad chilly.
It was great to meet everyone.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom