Keys beach diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domy

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Don't know to much about the keys but I was wondering if there is anywhere you can go shore diving in the northern keys. Have the day off tomorrow and would like to go out for a while without a boat. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Domy

Nope, not really. There are places you can stick your mask in the water and swim and see a couple of tiny things, but nothing worth the drive down. Get on a boat and enjoy yourself. :wink:

What they said......Snorkle milky channels alongside the road and look at road garbage.
Dive from a boat in the Keys.
Chug

I heard there is a beach dive a ways down. You have to follow a dirt path back a ways from your car. Don't think I have any other info, it was on my old computer when it crashed over a year ago.

I heard there is a beach dive a ways down. You have to follow a dirt path back a ways from your car. Don't think I have any other info, it was on my old computer when it crashed over a year ago.

Hey Jenny did you ever dive it? If so if you can tell me which Island:D I will search it out and see if I can find it myself. Like a kind of sort of a MM would be helpful. I'd be all over this one :eek:npatrol:

Wish I could help ya out Becky, as all the info was on my other computer, and I never dived it, but always wanted to. I think it was in the lower keys.

Only beaches I've been to down there were at Pennenkamp and Bahia Honda in the mid to upper and Smather's in Key west. I would not bother diving at any of them unless I really needed to blow some bubbles and couldn;t get a boat.

Only beaches I've been to down there were at Pennenkamp and Bahia Honda in the mid to upper and Smather's in Key west. I would not bother diving at any of them unless I really needed to blow some bubbles and couldn;t get a boat.

Been to those, and Sombrero in Marathon, and Fort Zachary Taylor in Key West and there isn't much to see of any of them even snorkeling, although at Fort "Zach", they have some old coral boulders as break water, and if you hang there quietly you'll see plenty of fish darting about....I've seen some tarpon, a few rays, and the odd school come by as well.

Wish they did have a few shore dive locations there though....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom