Keys Drive and Dive thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, Capt. Jim, I didn't mean to say there are not tec and wreck divers doing those dives and there are many areas on those dives that should not be entered without the appropriate training, but to claim it is irresponsible (not you Capt. Jim) to take advantage of the "swimthroughs" that are designed into those dives for recreational divers seems counter to the reality of the situation. Am I missing something...was the original intent of the sinking of these artificial reefs designed only for technically trained divers and the purpose somehow changed to include the recreational/tourist dive industry? If we are talking about one man's opinion, hey we all have the right to voice that, but if it goes deeper than that, hearing from an industry insider would be interesting. Might be fuel for an interesting thread, if it hasn't already been done. :)

I'm just glad I didn't give up enjoying cookies in grade school. Of course they're trumped by H2O Below over in Pensacola. They cook hot dogs!

...was the original intent of the sinking of these artificial reefs designed only for technically trained divers and the purpose somehow changed to include the recreational/tourist dive industry?
The Spiegle Grove was reefed to attract all levels of certified divers and to attract fish AFAIK. The dive is appropriate for AOW divers and above IMO. The swim throughs on the 01 & 02 levels are safe for AOW divers. I will shoot some video of some of these swim throughs soon & post it on my blog "Living & Diving in three-quarter time" here on Scubaboard.
:cheers:

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend a non-cattle boat operator in Key West? Are there any six packs that cater to more advanced divers, rather than big mixed groups of snorkelers/divers?

Not to hijack the thread, but can anyone recommend a non-cattle boat operator in Key West? Are there any six packs that cater to more advanced divers, rather than big mixed groups of snorkelers/divers?

If you get six divers we will run a tech charter for you -- all day long $150/person. You must be tech certified....ask for details if interested.

Full Day Tech Trips With Ocean Divers

We will take you on the Green Boat shown in that photo----45 feet long can carry 30 + divers....

Thanks everyone. I am blown away by how great and willing you guys were in responding and helping me out. I'll be saving this thread and working off of it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom