Kill any giant/interesting sealife you find?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gangrel441:
LOL Not exactly edible, thought. If only it wasn't loaded with amonia, it could solve world hunger. :D
so someone did try it? Pretty soon it will be on menus of exclusive restaurants..... I'll have some.

When I reel in a seabass from 120' feet while fishing it is still alive. However their guts are hanging out of their mouth.
Give me fillet of manatee any day. Beats the heck out of shark fin soup.

ONESPEED:
df941208.jpg
:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I doubt the fishermen pulled it out of the water in the name of science. More like fame and a trophy.

all4scuba05:
I doubt the fishermen pulled it out of the water in the name of science. More like fame and a trophy.

Again, reading beyond the headline would help you a great deal.

The fishermen were not engaging in a behavior I would condone. However, it had nothing to do with the squid. They were actually catching Chilean Sea Bass, an endangered species. The Colossal Squid came along and chowed down on their catch, so guess what they wound up hauling in!

See comment from another poster above about guts hanging out of mouth. The squid was history when he got to the surface. He just didn't know it yet.

The colossal squid is in far less danger of overharvesting than the species that the boat was fishing for ...

edit: Hey Gangrel ... we agree on something! :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
The colossal squid is in far less danger of overharvesting than the species that the boat was fishing for ...

edit: Hey Gangrel ... we agree on something! :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

LOL I guess it had to happen sometime, Bob... :D

I wish I could catch an even bigger giant squid. I would then use it for bait to catch the largest whale ever caught, beating the old record by over a ton. That would be cool....

gangrel441...You're a fisherman. That explains your attitude about interesting sea creatures. Wouldn't surprise me if you have some mounted in you living room.

Back
Top Bottom