Kingston Belly Dumper Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silverback:
Sounds like a very good project for ya Neil, go for it.

Last time my buddy and I were there, mid April, we had no problem following the line.
I'd love to add the line to the KPH but the gps coordinates on the NTD site are uh... wrong (an honest mistake, i'm sure :shakehead )

I didn't have trouble following the line either, but I had to stay less than 10ft above it to see it. I suppose thats fine for you, with your rebreather and decompression skills, but some of us like to do this as a recreational dive.

I added the KBD co-ordinates to geodiving.com, from the NTD side, and it shows the KPH is very far away, almost as far again as the swim to the KBD:

http://www.geodiving.com/locationDetails.asp?id=2558

X X X ADVISOR WARNING X X X

Keep it civil, gentlemen.

The Kraken

No, I am not.

The Kraken

DeepBound:
I'd love to add the line to the KPH but the gps coordinates on the NTD site are uh... wrong (an honest mistake, i'm sure :shakehead )

If you are concerned that the info on the NTD site is wrong, perhaps you should pop into the shop and see them next time your in town. I'm sure they would be more than happy to tell you where to go.

Well,

Apparently my previous post was deemed hostile, so I do apologies for that. I will try to come across in a more pleasant and docile manor.

Neil,

Is there a reason why some if not most of your post seem to try to discredit NTD or the staff/divers from that particular shop? Here we have a shop that has done great things for the local divers like many dive shops and now you are here seems like complaining?

- You bring up the line being a danger due to it being covered in algae and zebra mussels when all you have to do is give the thing a shake? Most divers do when they see lines covered like you claim; yet other divers claim to have dove it with no issues not seeing the concerns you brought up?

- You bring up the coordinates being wrong on the NTD site? Do you have the correct ones and have you made any attempt to contact them directly to rectify this issue?

You are concerned making this dive that I guess would be deemed as a technical dive due to the decompression obligations because you are required to follow a visual reference from 10 feet above it. Honesty is this safe? Would it not make more sense to drop in and speak with NTD and maybe take some decompression training and complete the dive with the correct planning and safety in mind?

Regards,

Michael

Neil, at least NTD has done something (plenty) for the betterment of the dive community. What have you done lately, or for that matter, at all to improve diving in Ontario?

aquaoren:
Neil, at least NTD has done something (plenty) for the betterment of the dive community. What have you done lately, or for that matter, at all to improve diving in Ontario?

I have been opening up sites like the KBD to the general diving public. Now anyone can dive it. There's a real lack of information about many of the dive sites, and I'm trying to offer information for those who aren't 'in the know' about some of these new sites.

Michael_Lambert:
You are concerned making this dive that I guess would be deemed as a technical dive due to the decompression obligations because you are required to follow a visual reference from 10 feet above it. Honesty is this safe? Would it not make more sense to drop in and speak with NTD and maybe take some decompression training and complete the dive with the correct planning and safety in mind?

Doing this dive as a solo decompression dive would not be correct. Solo dives must be less than 100ft deep and no-deco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom