Klein Bonaire with Dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many of the sites on Klein Bonaire have shallow areas good for snorkeling. We have had snorkelers on some of our trips with Dive Friends. Contact them.

Dive friends seems to support snorkeling, or at least did for the scuba guest who zero’d an Alum80 in 10 minutes lol.

Many of the sites on Klein Bonaire have shallow areas good for snorkeling. We have had snorkelers on some of our trips with Dive Friends. Contact them.
will do, thank you for the suggestion

Any of the dive shops on Bonaire offering boat dives could take you and your companions to Klein Bonaire, they're easy to find on line. The bigger problem is I doubt any of those shops will guarantee that you'll get two dives, or maybe even just one dive, over at Klein. Dive sites are typically chosen ad hoc, not planned out in advance.

If my understanding is correct dive boats are only going to Klein for morning dives, not afternoon dives, which will limit the boat dive options and perhaps space availability on morning boat dives.

How many are in your free diving party? It may make more sense to charter a private boat for yourselves to take you over to Klein for your dives, though I'm not sure if it can be just any boat (STINAPA permit required?) or you'd specifically need a divemaster with a boat.
just 2 of us.

Sorry. Are you staying somewhere that has a dive operator? That would be the obvious people to talk to.
We are not staying anywhere with the dive operator. We found a nice place in the middle of island, just one cottage and the owners house.

We are not staying anywhere with the dive operator. We found a nice place in the middle of island, just one cottage and the owners house.
Dive Friends, previously suggested, is a good alternative.

I would definitely avoid the water taxis to Klein Bonaire if possible. They will take you to a broad, sandy beach area which is fine for beach/play in the water activities, but crappy for snorkeling. A lot of the snorkel excursion boats go to the same spot on Klein Bonaire as do the water taxis, and it is not worth the boat ride as inexpensive as it might be (IMO).

Check with Div’Ocean. They are flexible.

Not an inexpensive alternative, but, you could rent a small boat for a half or whole day. With another couple it gets fairly reasonable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom