Knife Options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amphibious:
if you don;t what to buy one of the Halcyon knives what are people using instead?

Shears? Zknife? little stubby knife?

Modified Buck Intrepid. I do a fair amount of diving to recover lobster traps for a friend and I find a larger knife to be more useful.

Well for the life of me I can't figure out the retractable part of it. It's a fixed blade knife - I have one. I think someone in their advertising department is a wee bit confused.

Just a single piece of stainless with a removable plastic handle.

My shears only cost $0.99 at CVS. They used to carry them, but I haven't looked recently.

Derek S:
Wouldn't that particular sheath be frowned upon because the belt loop attaches to itself by velcro?
I frown upon it because it's plain nylon, not resin-coated or injected or whatever it is that makes weight belts so tough and puncture-resistant.

I didn't look at it that closely. If just plain nylon, then it probably won't wear well long term, as Jonnythan said.

Make the sheath cheaper then... a 1 foot piece of 2" weight belt webbing is less than a dollar ($.60 at reefscuba.com) Even if you have to run out and buy your a needle and thread, you're still a lot cheaper then the original cost of $4.16.

Someone should order up a bunch of this stuff, and start hocking cutting tool packages (knife + sheath + shears) for just barely over cost. Not me though, I'm too lazy =p

-B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom