Knife Options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairbanksdiver:
Someone should order up a bunch of this stuff, and start hocking cutting tool packages (knife + sheath + shears) for just barely over cost. Not me though, I'm too lazy =p

How many do you want? :wink:

Derek S:
Wouldn't that particular sheath be frowned upon because the belt loop attaches to itself by velcro?

Yep, I purchased one of those (still use it), but sewed the belt loop ends together. It's still flimsy.

The sheath that comes with the mini-maglite is much sturdier ... not at all like that "replacement" sheath. I just bought a few mini-maglites ... they're kicking around the house, and the sheaths are all on my rigs.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I have one of those. Ground the "point" off the end and put it in a mini-maglite sheath.

Only problem with them is that they rust.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

put a layer of silicone grease on it. That helps against rust

NWGratefulDiver:
About 3" of surgical tubing works nicely ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

awesome... do you wrap the tubbing through the webbing loop and around the top of the knife to hold it?

gerardnealon:
awesome... do you wrap the tubbing through the webbing loop and around the top of the knife to hold it?

Exactly ... I use a simple square knot, cut the ends short and leave the knot on the outside ... makes it easier to remove the loop when you need to deploy the knife.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom