Koh Lanta(getting there)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just finished a six day liveaboard, diving Koh Bon/Tachai and Richelieu Rock area. Water temperature was normal for the area, 27-29C, visibility was middling - I've seen better, but I've also seen much worse. Weather was calm and clear, not much wind; it only got a little bouncy a couple times. No big pelagics, unfortunately - one group got a glimpse of what might have been a bull shark, and I saw a tail of a small whitetip reef shark sticking out from under a rock where it was sleeping, but that was the extent of it. Tons of jellyfish though - entire fields of big pink ones visible from the boat, just under the surface, floating past endlessly, and the surface layers were at times an utter soup of small jellies. At one point, as we were gearing up, a school of some fish cruised by the boat, leaping out of water in a rolling arc - never seen that before. It wasn't flying fish; probably something like skipjack tuna. Both Richelieu Rock and Koh Tachai were very fishy, with schools of trevallies, barracuda, emperorfish, etc. Blackwater dives were characterized by swarms of tiny shrimp - at times, it was like driving through a blizzard.

The Marine Park at Koh Lanta will only be closed in Aug and Sep 2024.

It has to do with the discussion on water temperatures in Andaman Sea that the thread has moved onto.
Of course.
and this has exactly what to do with getting to Lanta???
It has!!!!
Because it indicated the phenomenon is stretching all the way from North to South of the Andaman Sea rather than specific area in Koh Lanta. Actually the effect was also felt in Koh Lipe when I went there after Koh Lanta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom