Komodo dive seasons ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've been in Komodo twice during August. Each time, fine clear blue water in the North. South had very poor viz each time but still good diving. On our trip this last year, we were told that the south had been inaccessible at times due to winds and currents, but it was fine while we were there. Because we have a school aged son, we can only travel in the summer. If I could travel during the school year, I would go to Raja Ampat.

Thanks AngelfishDiver -

I had read that thread previously, and it does indeed have a lot of good info.

Last edited:
Here's a new one to me, regarding Komodo dive conditions. This is from the website of a well-known dive travel company ...

"...the absolute best visibility is from November to January."

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Rainy season in many dive areas mean viz is reduced due to runoff. Maybe the trade-off in Komodo is less nutrients in the water then ... Still planning on late October, maybe into early November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom